Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H - post Installation El Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep again stopped working. But I did nothing new. Sleep is still crushing system on wake. It wakes, and sound(if i played a song before sleeping down my system) will continue for 1 second and after that - silence. Screen wouldn't power up at all. Also I've noticed that usb 3.0 speed is as slow as 2.0.

is it possible with this board to run nvidia + integrated graphics ?

Here you go. Use Clover Configurator and edit Config.plist and tick Drop OEM_DSM.

Hi jbamford, I also have the same MB (rev 1.2) but am running a slightly different CPU (i5). My front USB is not working and I have followed your instructions to Drumitar and am attaching my DSDT file as well, wondering if you could take a look at it? View attachment DSDT.aml

Although actually I'm having problems with booting consistently into El Capitan, wondering if you have any insights. It freezes on boot, but if I boot into recovery mode and do anything in terminal and then restart, it will boot into El Capitan just fine (but only once. Next reboot it will freeze halfway through loading bar and then reboot). If I boot into recovery then reboot it boots up normally.

I'm thinking I have some kext problems maybe... Do you have a particular method you used in installing? I was running Mountain Lion before this, then did a clean install to El Capitan. I have read that perhaps updating the bios might help but kinda scared to flash that if it won't help (don't wanna mess it up permanently)

I just tried using your config.plist that you uploaded for Drumitar as well. Will see if that helps.. Meanwhile I'll keep reading. Thanks for any help or ideas!

-Eric

Thanks to all!
front usb doesn`t work. i tried to patch dsdt it causes cpu panic during boot.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    965.6 KB · Views: 70
Problems with Sleep can be caused by USB Problems. Hence why I've patched USB in the DSDT I've provided :thumbup:

I am having similar problems with the same motherboard (GA-Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, F9 bios), despite doing my best to follow the instructions in this thread. I must be missing something....

MaciASL, ACPI 5.0, PJALM's Z77-DS3H and HD4000 patches, EHC1/2 to EC01/2 and XHC1 to XHC edits, 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks.

CPU wakes on keypress, but monitor does not. Further keypresses (including Num Lock) do nothing. System wakes if I disconnect secondary HDD (?!), but I still have USB issues including boot failure with USB devices left plugged-in at startup.

GA-Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, F9 bios
i5 3570K
EVGA GTX-650

I am having similar problems with the same motherboard (GA-Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, F9 bios), despite doing my best to follow the instructions in this thread. I must be missing something....

MaciASL, ACPI 5.0, PJALM's Z77-DS3H and HD4000 patches, EHC1/2 to EC01/2 and XHC1 to XHC edits, 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks.

CPU wakes on keypress, but monitor does not. Further keypresses (including Num Lock) do nothing. System wakes if I disconnect secondary HDD (?!), but I still have USB issues including boot failure with USB devices left plugged-in at startup.

GA-Z77-DS3H Rev 1.1, F9 bios
i5 3570K
EVGA GTX-650

Same motherboard here. No problems with sleep. Where did you get your DSDT from? Recommend checking BIOS. USB works perfectly fine for me with no additional kexts just renaming in DSDT.

Started from the DSDT output by Clover hitting F4, changed _HID, "ABCDEFGH" to _HID, "ABCDEFFF", applied patches and edits (following your videos -- very clear, thanks!). BIOS maybe, but not changed from Load Optimized Defaults and AHCI, as I recall; have tried changing Internal Graphics settings, with no effect. Using the alternative post-installation method rather than MB; audio works fine. BTW, this setup worked perfectly under Yosemite, and switching to Clover *fixed* the sleep problems on my older G41 board! First time with the UEFI bootloader.

Started from the DSDT output by Clover hitting F4, changed _HID, "ABCDEFGH" to _HID, "ABCDEFFF", applied patches and edits (following your videos -- very clear, thanks!). BIOS maybe, but not changed from Load Optimized Defaults and AHCI, as I recall; have tried changing Internal Graphics settings, with no effect. Using the alternative post-installation method rather than MB; audio works fine. BTW, this setup worked perfectly under Yosemite, and switching to Clover *fixed* the sleep problems on my older G41 board! First time with the UEFI bootloader.

How are you adding the patches? Are you using PJALMs DSDT patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back