Asus EAH6770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade my hackintosh with lion on it to Mountain Lion. I have BaseSystem.dmg flashed to my thumb drive. When I go to chimera from my lion install and try to boot off my thumb drive, I get to the point where it loads all the HFS+ file kexts and then a few lines flash that I cannot read and then the computer reboots. I've tried multiple times to try and catch what those lines say.
I followed this guide: [Tutorial] Run OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 on a PC (Hackintosh/OSx86) – From start to finish [Video] | The Tech Erra
I did everything but put Chameleon on my thumb drive because I have Chimera on my Lion install. I've even tried putting my DSDT, SSDT, and com.chameleon.boot.plist from my lion installation on the thumb drive with mountain lion, hoping maybe the reboot fix or my graphics card setup would help; but either way, it just gets to the end of loading kexts and reloads.

ga-z68xp-ud3, HD 5770, 8 gb gSkill ram, 1 tb seagate hdd

I have your exact same computer setup. I followed the instructions to the letter and was able to install 10.8. The only trouble I am having is getting sound to work. Everything else works. Well, USB3 is not working but I don't really about that right now. Sound is more important.

One interesting item is the type of USB stick. A PNY usb drive did not work. But an imation and sandisk drive did work.

If you want to get usb 3 to work just use the installer in multibeast, it says not to use for 1155 motherboards however the only issue I have had is every once and a while it will say the disk was ejected and then immediately it will reconnect. That is maybe every 4-5 hours might even be longer. Its not enough of a problem I have even kept track of when it happens.

try booting with -v npci=0x3000 I had to do this even for the install process and the first boot, I later added to my .plist however at first had to manually type it. See if that doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back