Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 : Onboard Firewire doesn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, finally i finished my build with the following specs

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev1.3 Bios F11
i7-2700K
Onboard HD3000 so far...
32GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL9

I spent the whole day to edit the DSDT for the F11-Bios ( extracted with Ubuntu Live )
and have it running now with user-dsdt and just FakeSmc in /Extras

-Firewire is working when the Device is connected before booting, doesn't work when the rig is allready on...
-So i made a restart with -v Flag...
-No surprise that the "RuntimePowerConservation" Error showed up...
-As i mentioned in an earlier post this can be fixed via DSDT-Edits ( i made this allready for my GA-EP45-DS3 rig ).
-Maybe good news for all owners with Bios F10.
Looks like the Bios didn't change at all ( i used DiffMerge to check ), so
probably these edits work for them too.

I'll keep you updated when i hopefully got rid of this error

Sorry but i don't understand your statement about "no surprise" concerning the error. Why no surprise ? Can you explain this error ?

Meanwhile i try to hookup a firewire HD before booting and check if it is recognized (mounted) on my desktop.

Sorry, i can't explain it, i'm not a programmer !

I only know that we can get rid of this error by using the right method in DSDT ( credits to all those who had the original idea for it and shared it ).

On EP45 mobos fw-devices only showed up when they were 1. plugged in after complete booting or 2. plugged in at boot time but then the machine had to be put to sleep and wake up again once.
( not like i wrote yesterday... i was tired ).

After editing DSDT this error went away.

Right now i'm a bit confused, because this morning all is working as it should on
my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ( rev1.3 F11 ).
Though the "RuntimeConservationError disabled" still shows up at boot time my
fw is detected and no problems so far. Rebooted several times !! :crazy:
I didn't change anything in DSDT !!!!

I have to go now due to family business, but later on i'll try to get rid of this message.
You then could try to implement the changes i made and see if it works for you.
That's all i can offer right now.

Xabbu said:
"wake from sleep" is AFAIK related to a RuntimeConservationError and that can be fixed via DSDT !!! ( see my previous post )

Hey Xabbu, could you be a bit more specific? I bought a Syba card to work around that
problem, but I would still like to know if I could make the onboard Via wake from
sleep.

Searched for "RuntimeConservationError" on tonymacx86.com and found two posts, and
neither with details on what those DSDT edits should be.

Thanks
Andrej

I have this board, I knew Firewire was an issue when I bought it so bought a TI PCI-E Firewire card for use with Firewire drives. To be honest it cost so little I never even thought of trying to fix onboard firewire.

Wow, this is so disappointing! My onboard firewire was working until a couple days ago! However during that time I was fixing my Hackintosh due to installing PT8 on Lion which is incompatible so I had to remove a bunch of kexts and reinstall audio kexts because after I had removed PT8, I had no sound. I'm beginning to wonder if the driver installed from PT8 is what allowed/helped it to work? (Sorry, very new to this stuff so if it sounds ridiculous please just ignore ^^)

But nonetheless would love to see Xabbu fix this issue as I wouldn't want to have to buy a firewire card! Especially, because I want to record some music through my Hackintosh which would require me to use a firewire connection. Please do keep us posted!

jasonhamstar said:
But nonetheless would love to see Xabbu fix this issue as I wouldn't want to have to buy a firewire card! Especially, because I want to record some music through my Hackintosh which would require me to use a firewire connection. Please do keep us posted!

unfortunately without success so far :(

Routing for FW is different on the Z68 boards, so the fix that helped on EP45 doesn't work
here... Im still trying to figure it out, but "normal" life won't let me spend much time with hacking these days.

I'm still wondering why it works OOB on my rig, really strange...

Hi guys, i know, this is an old thread, but i got a solution for that FW problem:
I wanted to use my external hard disk (without separate power supply, but with FW400, FW800 and USB plug) but until yesterday it only worked via USB.
Then i tried following:
1. connect HD with USB -> disk mounts normally
2. additionally connect HD with FW400 cable
3. unplug USB cable -> disk unmounts and then mounts again using FW (HD also visible in system information in FW section)

I have no idea, how and why this is possible. The only thing i can think of is that the FW-bus doesn't have enough power to mount the disk.

Cheers, p_etrus

::EDIT
I just tried to connect the HD with firewire WITHOUT the procedure described before and it worked too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back