Nvidia
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I started a new build with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MOBO and I5 2500K CPU - this is my second build - the first being a Mini..

The issue I had was that I could only get video out of the VGA port on the board and not the HDMI (I could not try the DVI) at the pre-installation boot to adjust the BIOS etc.

Thinking that the HDMI would get fixed during the install I proceeded with the standard 10.6.3 install.

After the install I still only had VGA.

So I tried the CLEAN LION install that Gordo posted and the USB Lion stick would not boot, but stuck at the grey screen with Apple logo - after the spinning petals ran for a couple of minutes. Leaving it for 30 mins or so to see what happened I got a KP.

Having tired a couple of times I decided to throw in a GT430 card.

The HDMI on the card worked fine and I proceeded with a Clean Lion install and was up and running in about 30 minutes.

Question. Why was the HDMI on the MOBO not working form the start. I did not test it after the final Lion install as I use the computer headless so do not really need the Video except for the installation.

the onboard Intel gpu is not supported currently

This site has tons of information, so much it is overwhelming at first. take your time and poke around, if you can't find what your looking for, generally someone will help you. Learn and give back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back