1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here were my steps:

Install retail 10.6.3 with iBoot.
Ran multibeast (installed correct dsdt to desktop):
--UserDSDT Install (Check)
--System Utilities (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - ALC8xxHDA (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - AppleHDA Rollback (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - Non-DSDT HDA Enabler - ALC889 (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Disk - IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Miscellaneous - USB 3.0 - NEC/Renasas (Check) - may not work - I can't test USB 3.0
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Kexts & Enablers - Network - Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 (Check)
--Drivers & Bootloaders - Bootloaders - Chimera 1.4.1
--Customization - Boot Options - 64-bit Apple Boot Screen

Update to 10.6.8 with update helper.
Use xMove and created Installer partition, installed Lion.

Now when I go to reboot It just hangs on the apple loading logo. Here's what I've tried boot options wise:

-v (hangs after DSMOS has arrived, seems to be a lot of kexts that failed to load and HDA kexts)
-v ncpi=0x2000 (same as above)
-v -f -x (goes to a black screen and shows nothing)
-f -x (apple logo forever)

Can somebody guide me in the right direction? If possible could somebody maybe zip up their Extra directory and send it to me?

Thanks,
Vince

I boot into safe mode (-x) and I was able to get into Lion but after than when I run the DSDT its unbootable.. I also ran the installer in safe mode.

rimmi2002 said:
What smbios are you using and what graphics. Also what processor? Also when you boot in verbose mode...where does it get stuck?

Its an i5 2500k. Not sure what smbios I'm using. I'm using the onboad graphics and when i boot with -v it hangs after dsmos has arrived.

UNprezz said:
I boot into safe mode (-x) and I was able to get into Lion but after than when I run the DSDT its unbootable.. I also ran the installer in safe mode.

-x still doesn't boot. See original post.

photo.JPG

Was 10.6.8 stable before the Lion install? I'm curious since I have the same mobo and I am going to try to install Lion in a few weeks. i just wanted to backup my current 10.6.8 version prior to anymore tinkering. Does anyone know if I have to do anything else to make sure my current image of snow leopard is backed up via disk utility? I just dragged the snow leopard partition to source and placed my new blank partition on another hdd as destination.

What vid card did you say you have?

edit: nevermind, saw you are using onboard graphics. So was 10.6.8 stable or did you just update to that and then jump into Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back