Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 i5 2500K

Status
Not open for further replies.
crburton said:
almazmusic said:
As I understand the integrated graphics will not work in any way after 10.6.8 update?
It necessarily needs a discrete graphics? If so, than how can I get to work SL with integrated video for a time? Updates to 10.6.7?

Integrated graphics are fine with 10.6.8/10.7.x. Using now with GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with i3 2105.

Chris

Hmm, I was never able to use onboard graphics with my i3 2100. Are you able to use full resolution?

initalBoss said:
crburton said:
almazmusic said:
As I understand the integrated graphics will not work in any way after 10.6.8 update?
It necessarily needs a discrete graphics? If so, than how can I get to work SL with integrated video for a time? Updates to 10.6.7?

Integrated graphics are fine with 10.6.8/10.7.x. Using now with GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with i3 2105.

Chris

Hmm, I was never able to use onboard graphics with my i3 2100. Are you able to use full resolution?

2100 had HD2000 ... 2105 has HD3000. Running 1920x1080 on mine.

Chris

almazmusic said:
crburton said:

Chris

Is that without DSDT ?

Using DSDT for F4 BIOS level with Chimera 1.5.1 and MacMini5,1 SMBios.

Chris

crburton said:
almazmusic said:
crburton said:

Chris

Is that without DSDT ?

Using DSDT for F4 BIOS level with Chimera 1.5.1 and MacMini5,1 SMBios.

Chris

Ah, HD3000, that explains it. Thanks for the info.

So, of course, in my infinite wisdom I decided to work on things to try and get rid of the blank screen at startup and have more or less hosed everything up. Everything works fine if I want to be stuck in 1024x768 forever lol. I may be starting from scratch again if I can't get the HD3000 recognized again. Why do I have to keep poking at it? lol

Chris

I finally got this working after three days. thanks for this post.

I still don't have sound however.

any tips on getting sound again?
-=Mark=-

Awesome guide. Spent my weekend beating my head against the wall until I found this post.

One question though...have you upgraded to Lion yet? If so what guide did you follow?

Hey... after reading LOTS of guides THIS one truly got me up and running... although i'm experiencing random kernal panics

any thoughts?

I've not got my gfx card working perfectly yet but i'm swopping it out for a XFX Radeon HD 6870 very soon.

thanks in advance

Hi i need help i cant boot from my hard drive ive got a ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 motherboard Intel i5 2500k and Gts 450 as my graphics and got 4gb ram please help :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back