CPU
i3-2105
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have same motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 like you w/ sandy bridge processor. I have updated my system to mavericks. Airplay stopped working. iCloud services don't work.

Do they work for you ? Also can you tell me multiversity installation !

Thanks

I have same motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 like you w/ sandy bridge processor. I have updated my system to mavericks. Airplay stopped working. iCloud services don't work.

Do they work for you ? Also can you tell me multiversity installation !

Thanks

MacAspirer

Questions do you have the UEFI Bios installed or is it standard

Was there a DSDT file u use in the ML install.

You had ML 10.8 on this hardware did u have a dsdt file too

U did a fresh install... did you save the old partition... (hope)

You need to have the connecting ethernet as en0 so app store and iCloud will work.
Check what you have in the about this mac advanced - ethernet look for en0 en 1 or what ever it is let us know.

Thank you very much totenkopf4 , I have re-installed everything.

It is a success. Everything including airplay are working.

Can some one teach me how to clone the hard drive so I can use this in future.

Thanks

Big kudos to totenkopf4

Hi MacAspirer,

I have the same motherboard . My problem is : The installation works, the problem appear when i install the drivers & the bootloader, (DSDT free chimera 2.2.1, drivers audio 889 & drivers realtek network 81xx) i can't boot from the disc where mavericks is installed. (the apple appears then the computer reboot)
If you can help me thank you.

I have installed with DSDT. It is not dsdt free. Mine was i think F10. Let me know how I can help.

Yes, I think it's best to use the DSDT for this board. I have version F13 firmware, but I'm using a customized F11 DSDT with some EHCI mods (found on this forum somewhere).

I went back to ML for now though. I was having the power management issues with my GPU. Nvidia GTX660 - gets locked at full clock speed after using Quick Look or certain other apps.

Did you do an upgrade from ML, Lion, or SL? I have a similar setup and I'm planning to upgrade after I get a new HD and Carbon Copy clone my system onto new HD for the purpose of upgrading without risking losing the working system I have, so I'm wondering if you did a fresh install or an upgrade there are more than a few programs I've purchased that I don't want to repurchase.

Also I have the bios from Oct. 2011 when I built the system, so I'm wondering if you upgraded Bios to any of the UEFI and if so how do you go about it. I haven't ever messed with Bios and don't really want to if it isn 'to necessary as my system sleeps well now, but I'm getting ready to use Adobe CC with the system so I need to upgrade and I never have done that. I 'm running SL now and that doesn't work for Adobe CC, but an upgrade to Mavericks changed that, as would an upgrade to Lion or ML and I have bought Lion, but as it took me two weeks to get the system to work the first time around I'm nervous about upgrading especially as when I tried to install Lion I couldn't ' they it to work and I reverted back to an old copy of SL I had backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back