Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello... I hope someone might be able to help me, please.

I have just completed my Hackintosh build on a GA-Z170N-Gaming-5 version 10.12.4.

Everything is working well apart from the obvious Wi-fi issue but I am using Ethernet so happy enough with that and am getting Bluetooth from a Broadcom card. I even have managed to get the audio working for me, after a bit of digging.

Problem is that if I leave the machine and let it go to sleep it wakes itself again but not the monitor which. Same thing if I put it to sleep it goes to sleep and after about 5-10seconds starts again. The machine seems to start up and run but the screen is black and every now and again there is interference on the screen and I can see a bit of the rainbow coloured circular-loader as well as the pointer arrow. They seem to flash quickly in different parts of the screen but that is all I can see but screen stays black.

The second issue is it won't allow me to wake the machine from the Bluetooth Keyboard or trackpad.

If anyone had any ideas what I might be doing wrong I would be so grateful. Thanks a million.

Last edited:
Problem is that if I leave the machine and let it go to sleep it wakes itself again but not the monitor which. Same thing if I put it to sleep it goes to sleep and after about 5-10seconds starts again. The machine seems to start up and run but the screen is black and every now and again there is interference on the screen and I can see a bit of the rainbow coloured circular-loader as well as the pointer arrow. They seem to flash quickly in different parts of the screen but that is all I can see but screen stays black.
Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back