Graphics
PNY GeForce GTX 580 Fermi 772MHZ 1536MB 4GHZ GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 and I can't even get into the ML installer. Tried npci=0x3000, 0x2000. GraphicsEnabler yes,no. PCIRootUID=0,1. I always get kernel panic with:
Panic(CPU 0 caller 0xffffff80002b7b95)

I can post the full panic screen, if anyone could make sense of it.

Anyone have any ideas?

try cpus=1

I just got one up and running but cpu is showing as 1,2 ghz

Same here. Any solutions to get it up to speed?

by the way, once you're installed with cpus=1 then put that voodooTSCSync.kext in to extensions and you can run without it.

However, the benchmarks are slooooow. I'm getting 3.4 on cinebench (should be over 10 as far as I can tell).

Haven't found a solution yet. The DSDT for the board is available on http://www.osx86.net but that just causes it to not boot up anymore

Wow it seem you are pretty unlucky.

the command: -v -x graphicsenabler=no npci=0x2000

is suppose to boot on all duo core intel higher computer.

So only 2 thing left i can see.

1: install new bootloader overlap/replace on your usb

2: use an alterantive Mountain Lion usb creator software like unibeast. There is only 3 software that create MLion usb stick . Google it it shouldn't be hard.

Good luck,
If all else fail you might have to buy new motherboard :(

unlucky - yeah

it's possible to get this board up and running but i haven't heard from anybody getting it up to speed yet.

nothing too difficult about getting ML installed though. Similar to other X79 boards. It's a bitch about useless SAS / SATA ports, so from that point of view it's a waste of money...

But ofcouse "a real mac it self cost over 1,500$ lol"

So even if you buy a new motherboard say 150$....or 200$... it's still cheap in that view.

True

Any suggestions?

LGA 2011, but need 10 SATA ports. WHy I went with this board to begin with.

Have actually spent $2800 on it so far, but that's mainly 4 x 3TB drives and a 512GB SSD

I'll also take it back to where i bought it and tell them they're lack of knowledge resulted in the wrong purchase - the SAS ports only work if you put in a XEON processor apparently

I also bought a X79S-UP5 and i didnt even see the USB logo where i can click the install on. Is there any suggestion about this? After reading few posts about this board, maybe it is the wrong board to buy for hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back