Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update on how my setup is going -
It's been running pretty much flawlessly for the last 4 months, and a couple of weeks ago I setup a Apple software raid setup for the OS drive running off 2x 150gb WD Raptors. I'm getting 300MB/s. The bios raid doesn't work fyi.

Also, I discovered I was getting terrible motherboard related warble coming out my monitor speakers (via a Blackmagic Intensity Pro) and found this post -
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/27673 ... oblems#bas

In the BIOS (either rev1 or 2), on the " Advanced CPU Features" sub-page of the "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)" page, try disabling:
"CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)"
"C3/C6/C7 State Support"
&
"CPU EIST Function"

And it went away.

this install looked really complex. I actually just took an old install I had for my old setup which was a lot easier, and popped it in. Everything worked right off the bat. Very happy about it.

can someone post a screenshot from about this mac and or geekbench?

"2. CHECK SATA CONNECTION
Make sure you have your SATA DVD drive and SATA target disk are connected to SATA ports 0 and 1. Otherwise, you'll get a "Still waiting for root device" error on SL install."

stupid noob question i'm sure..but, ports 0 and 1 have master and slave settings..I'm assuming Step 2 means to have the SATA DVD Drive in the Master 0 port and the SATA target hdd in the Master 1 port?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back