Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
pitogo said:
Two things keeping our GA-x58-UD3R machines from going 64bit, Realtek RTL8169 and ATY_Init. Most software is already running at 64 bit just run Activity Monitor and add column for "Kind." On mine just a few are still 32bit, kernel, usbmuxd, flash. I'd be more annoyed if I couldn't use all 12GB of the RAM I have. Not much you gain in the practical sense going 64bit.

Pitogo do you see our builds being compatible with 64 in the near future?
the new mac pro's are outfiited with radeon 5770...maybe when they are released new drivers will be also.
but what about the Realtek problem? will that be updated for 64?
and why did you go with X58 and radeon 5770 if you cant run with 64 kernel?
I know i just don't know any better.
I feel like I should have went with P55 and Nvidia. Am I wrong?

can someone possibly summarise how to do a failsafe install with the Rev 2.0 board?

i've read through this entire thread and there seems to be a few updates and suggestions but im not exactly sure what to do. my first install went fine till i tried to tweak the kexts, then i had kernal panics which i tried to troubleshoot with no success.
so i did another fresh install dual booting SL 10.6.3 and win 7. all good just using easybeast and nvenabler but i would like to get my hackintosh working 100% (audio/network/sleep etc)

thanks

Hi all,
As everythings working with 10.6.3, i didn't patch the last update ( 6.4)
Can someone make me a feedback about 10.6.4 update?
Is it stable now?
What about graphic accélération problem and new nvidia patch ?
Are graphic performance still lower than 10.6.3
thanks
sorry for my english,
Kamaji

Hi,

I recently buy a new Graphic card, the Nvidia 285 GTX, and I download the drivers from www.nvidia.com . Can I install the Mac drivers for this graphic in my computer?
Or I can´t do this because of the generic drive no admit this new driver?

Another thing, it´s the new CUDA drive to accelerate the process in Premiere CS5 it´s finish and the same performance of win 7. the version it´s 3.1.17. If you want to see it.

Here the link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html

Cuda drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud ... river.html

Thanks

Charies

Your Graphics Card is ATI so you need to type GraphicsEnable=No at the prompt or just use the latest iBoot. Boot with iBoot the First time and get to the desktop to run Multibeast. Disable Peripherals if that doesn't work and after running Multibeast go back into the BIOS and enable them.

irukandji said:
How do I tell what revision my motherboard is?
I have looked in the BIOS and at the initial boot screen and do not see any mention of a revision.

It should say it on the Mobo and box, from what I remember the only difference is the network chipset.

Hi everybodies!
after some difficulties to pass 10.6.3 on 10.6.4 The name of my GTX285 is not reconize in system info. I have just the nvidia id.
i have done those operations for the benefics of graphics update: my score are quite the same with cinebench and geekbench than 10.6.3
I have pass the graphic update and nvidia gtx 285 patch for 10,6,4 one time during the instalation. But now that i have resolve the Kernel panic during the update, when i try to reload nvidia gtx 285 patch the system say " invalid component."
how can i do to be sure my hack is stable?????
It's a work purpose so it's important for me.
I have also the blackmagic extreme 3D on board that seem to work fine for now ( not reconized in system info also )
my system: ga-x58a-ud3r f5 rev1
with 6gb men
cinebench: 4,61 cpu and 23 ips for gpu
geekbench : 8100 in 32bit
any help please
thanks
kama

I thought I would post some confirmation that 10.6.5 seems to be working well.
I also updated my BIOS to F6 before hand, then installed 10.6.5 combo and then updated my DSDT to the newer F6 version.
Sound does get lost but can be fixed with multibeast.

I am getting a KP on restart at the moment, but am yet to diagnose what's causing it. Haven't had a single problem though during normal usage.

So, installation was quite easy (upgraded from P55-UD2M, only changed DSDT.aml file).

Some remaining points (I am using only fakesmc in /E/E):

1) idle CPU temp about 48!! In my old P55-UD2M it was about 35 degrees.
I am using MacPro 5,1 plist and everything enabled in the advanced CPU features.

2) In about my mac RAMs are listed 1333 instead of 1600 (but i think this is only cosmetic).

I folowed the steps in this thread by Grom after trying tonymacx86 other similar steps in building my hackintosh. The initial time I installed (10.6.3 with the mac combo update to 10.6.5) I couldn't get sound, ethernet and my resolution was fixed at 1024x768. This time around it only went as far as "replace system disk" could not get it to boot without the boot disk.. I'm running Bios FD on version 2.0. I would love any suggestions and help on this as I need this computer for my pro tools rig.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back