Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with the instalation

Hi everyone!!

I´m new here, and a baby on instalation the OSX in a PC hard.
So, sorry about my little english please.

I read these post and I can install the OSX, but I have a little problem, the audio never work for me.
I explain how can I install the OSX, fisrt of all, I burn the iso CD and boot from the CD.
Then I installed the OSX retail version 1.6.2.
once installed, I made all the configurations. and once i restarted again and Install the multiBeast , then install the Chameleon RC4 once install the multiBeast, I copy to the Extra folder an Extra folder that a friend of mind give me to me, inside the folder it´s a DSDT archive and many things more.
The problem, it´s taht when i boot from the CD the audio appear for me, but once I change the boot mode form the hard drive with the chameleon and the new Extra folder, the audio dessapear for me.
Another problem, it´s when I install the combo 10.6.3, when I restart the monitor it´s turn to black and nothing happend, I need to reinstall everything again.
Could some one here give me a DSDT file to my mother board?
i know that some one here upload the file, but the extension it´s not recognized for me, I not understend so well, so I need the file in aml extension and not in dsl, becasue I don´t know how change the format to aml.
my hardware it´s a GA X58a UD3R, 6 GB ram 1.600 hz. 2x3, Intel i7 930, Nvidia 9800 GT 1024 gb.
I hope you undestand and help me.
If you need more information that help you understand what hapend to my sistem, please let me know,
Thanks for all the information here in this forum

Carlos, from spain.

Hi
I am new on MAC and I need some help.

I just get my new computer: i7 930, GA-X58A-UD3R, DDR3/1333MHz 4GB Non-ECC CL9 DIMM - HyperX, ASUS ATI HD4850

and I am not able to install MAC OS.

I am loading with Public/tonymacx86-BootCD-ATI.iso.zip
and I am using Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (Build: 10A432 "Golden Master" )

after a while of loading he blocked.

last message displayed is ethernet details and mac address.

I am doing the same steps like here, and something is wrong.

what seems to be the problem?
I am not using the right BootCD or the right MAC OS X version?

Thanks!

@boriscolombia:
The only way I could get the sound working was using LegacyHDA.kext for ALC889 like you did + HDAEnabler.kext but like many people I had to replace the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext by the 10.6.2 version. There is an option in Multibeast to revert back to this kext but unless you downloaded a very recent version of Multibeast (aka today or late yesterday) you might have a version that will not properly overwrite this kext. I used this installer instead http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip In any case the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext is in /S/L/E and is 7.4 MB and says Version 1.7.9

I could not get any of the VoodooHDA kext to work so if you want to try my configuration make sure you remove those.

@charies: I don't know if somebody else has suggestions but I would try following Grom's guide step by step this way when a problem will appear it will be clear what is installed on your system. Right now the DSDT and the Extra folder your friend gave you is a big unknown in the equation. Also, the zip file Grom posted on the first page does contain a DSDT.aml file. He also put the dsl files for people to see the modifications he did. You should make sure you have BIOS version F5 for this DSDT.

@adimoldovan: try booting with -x as suggested in the iBoot + Multibeast guide. This is the safemode and seems to be necessary with some video cards.

dmemoryleak said:
@boriscolombia:
The only way I could get the sound working was using LegacyHDA.kext for ALC889 like you did but like many people I had to replace the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext by the 10.6.2 version. There is an option in Multibeast to revert back to this kext but unless you downloaded a very recent version of Multibeast (aka today or late yesterday) you might have a version that will not properly overwrite this kext. I used this installer instead http://www.tonymacx86.com/Public/10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip In any case the 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext is in /S/L/E and is 7.4 MB and says Version 1.7.9

I could not get any of the VoodooHDA kext to work so if you want to try my configuration make sure you remove those.

@charies: I don't know if somebody else has suggestions but I would try following Grom's guide step by step this way when a problem will appear it will be clear what is installed on your system. Right now the DSDT and the Extra folder your friend gave you is a big unknown in the equation. Also, the zip file Grom posted on the first page does contain a DSDT.aml file. He also put the dsl files for people to see the modifications he did. You should make sure you have BIOS version F5 for this DSDT.

@adimoldovan: try booting with -x as suggested in the iBoot + Multibeast guide. This is the safemode and seems to be necessary with some video cards.

Thanks man that worked for me, although I ended up using the two kexts from multibeast (legacyHDA and HDAEnabler for ALC889) like you said in the previous page plus the 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip file that you provided, rebooted and I finally got my sound to work, although only the analog green output not the coax or toslink outputs from the mobo.

Also about the disk kexts I ended up using all 3 kexts from multibeast under JMicron36x (aka Gsata) since they give support to the different types of sata ports on the mobo plus it fixed orange icons on my Hdds to normal HDDs icons.

boriscolombia said:
Thanks man that worked for me, although I ended up using the two kexts from multibeast (legacyHDA and HDAEnabler for ALC889) like you said in the previous page plus the 10.6.2-AppleHDAInstaller.zip file that you provided, rebooted and I finally got my sound to work, although only the analog green output not the coax or toslink outputs from the mobo.

oops.. yes sorry I forgot to mention I was using this kext too. Will edit my post above to correct this. I did not test the other outputs so I guess that probably means they won't work for me either.

Hi. dmemoryleak !!

Thanks to answer me, I have a problem, I can´t download from this link, who is the DSDT.aml file.

download/file.php?id=624

perhaps the file isn´t there, I don´t Know.

Can someone here help me to this file?
here it´s my email [email protected]

Thanks

Charies

charies said:
Thanks to answer me, I have a problem, I can´t download from this link, who is the DSDT.aml file.

download/file.php?id=624

perhaps the file isn´t there, I don´t Know.

Hi Charies,
The file is there. I just tried the download again. You need to make sure to log in to access the downloads. Just click on login at the top of this page and visit the first page of this topic again.

The delay before the automatic logout seems to be really short on this forum so maybe that's why you got the error message.

Hope this works for you.

I don´t know, what I´m doing wrong, becouse like you see, I´m log in, otherwise I can´t write here.
I tryed to download but the file it´s a php that weight 8kb.

Can you help me to send me the file by mail? Itryed many times but nothing happens.

Thanks and sorry.

Charies

Grom and everyone else thanks for your help! I followed this tutorial and was able to get 10.6.2 working (didn't want to try 6.3 since this was my first build!)

I think everything that I have tested so far is working. I still have to try things like Firewire etc as needed and hopefully they will work as well!

Thanks again and now I'm off to learn how to use OSX :)

Heres to another successful install using grom's guide and the latest versions of iboot+multibeast!

My setup?

GA-EX58A-UD3R 1.0
Intel I7-930
6GB OCZ 1600 RAM
Pioneer Sata 218 DVD-R
Seagate 1.5TB Drive
Apple USB Keyboard and Mouse

First I made the BIOS modifications as recommended, then I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.0 according to grom's guide. Next I ran 10.6.3 v1.1 combo update and then multibeast to add the needed kexts for my hardware and the chameleon bootloader. Next I downloaded the DSDT grom recommended and modified it with the i7-930 speedstep states and dropped it in my \extra folder and restarted and everything is working for me 100%!

I will include the modified dsdt with the i7-930 processor changes here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ywoyjzjyyzz

If you have a similar system running the i7-930 it should work for you too.

I did run into one problem which was later solved by trying things a few different ways, but the short of it is this:

None of the current boot loaders support mac boot drives over 1TB in size at this time.

I hadn't read this anywhere before and I was trying to install my system using the full 1.5TB of space and everything would work fine *EXCEPT* the boot loader would not install or run and I had to boot from CD everytime. I tried a few different bootloaders to make sure, but once I created two 750GB partitions everything went as planned. So for those of you planning to install to a 1.5TB or 2.0TB or larger drive heed my note. Make your first mac partition smaller that 1.0TB or your bootloader will not work.

I hope this info helps someone out and thanks to grom for the initial guide and tonymacx86 for the wonderful iBoot and Multibeast packages! Without those it would have taken much, MUCH longer to install!

-Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back