Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R F5 Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
have problem.

about this mac shows ram memory @1333 and i have @1600
to ignore it or it really puts it down to 1333?

Thanks for the nice guide, but I can't boot up with use this guide.

Stopped Here:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 293 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 3226 goto Exit

GA-X58A-UD3R, i7 930, 6gb DDR3, Realtech ALC 889, LAN RTL8111D, NVidia 9800GT 1GB.
WD 500GB + 1500G SATA HardDrive, Liteon SATA DVD Burner.
Can you help me? Sorry my poor English.

OiCkilL said:
GA-X58A-UD3R, i7 930, 6gb DDR3, Realtech ALC 889, LAN RTL8111D, NVidia 9800GT 1GB.

Make sure you don't have more than 4GB of RAM during the install (you can put the other two back in later). Also, you'll need to type "busratio=21" after selecting the install DVD for it to boot. You'll also need to do that with your installation once it's finished as well. You can add it to your com.apple.Boot.plist later so you don't need to type it in yourself every time you boot.

adamsmasher said:
OiCkilL said:

Make sure you don't have more than 4GB of RAM during the install (you can put the other two back in later). Also, you'll need to type "busratio=21" after selecting the install DVD for it to boot. You'll also need to do that with your installation once it's finished as well. You can add it to your com.apple.Boot.plist later so you don't need to type it in yourself every time you boot.

I just followed Grom's guide to the T (well done, BTW), and everything seems to have gone well, except after installing 10.6.2 and MultiBeast (with exactly the options you specified except MacPro4,1 instead of iMac11,1) I can't boot from the hard drive. It gets into Chameleon (which is further than last try), where I select the disk called Snow Leopard to boot from. Once the Apple loading screen shows up for a few seconds, it KP's. This is with no flags OR with busratio=21 applied.

I quoted you folks because OiCKill has the same specs as me (X58A-UD3R, i7-930, 9800GT, 6GB of RAM but only 4GB installed currently).

Should I have used the "Unsupported com.apple.boot.plist" for my 930 rather than follow grom's advice for the standard version? I just tried booting through the CD, booting SL with busratio=21 and running MultiBeast just for the Unsupported com.apple.boot.plist. Now when I boot from the hard drive (with or without entering busratio=21) it doesn't load the Apple loading screen but I see a panic as such:

Code:
panic(cpu 2 caller 0x55cfcde4): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-96/pmThread.c:148

EDIT: Yes, I've set HPET to 64-bit mode.

EDIT: I booted through iBoot and installed the 10.6.2 Unsupported Patched Kernel. Now it stops booting right before the place it gave that earlier error (but doesn't KP, just..stops), at:

Code:
AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough[sic] MCA

I'm going to keep trying BIOS settings and MultiBeast options, but I'd love some help or advice if you've got it.

Got it. Needed to add FakeSMC... you should probably mention that as one required kext, Grom. I'm still unclear if the patched kernel was necessary, also, or which com.apple.boot.plist is better for the i7-930.

phlippy22 said:
Got it. Needed to add FakeSMC... you should probably mention that as one required kext, Grom. I'm still unclear if the patched kernel was necessary, also, or which com.apple.boot.plist is better for the i7-930.
Yeah~ I added FakeSMC can boot.

adamsmasher said:
OiCkilL said:

I'm sorry, I made a mistake, my memory really is only 4GB.

Has anyone installed this on an F4 BIOS ?

I followed the guide and the install from the DVD seemed to work great - sound and networking worked straight out of the install (i.e. before Multibeast). Graphics looked good (but I can't tell if it was fully accelerated). Is it normal for this much to be working at this point ?

Once I installed the 10.6.2 update and Multibeast's options, however, things started to fall apart.

On reboot, it ends up stalling somewhere during the boot. If I boot with -v, there is a message saying "Waiting for DSMOS (IIRC)", and then a message indicating that the "hit rate was below threshold".

The system is not dead at this point - hitting the power button gives me some S3 error message - but it never continues on.

My computer only has the F4 BIOS and an 8800GTS or GS. Is either, likely, the cause for my problem ? I can't figure out how to flash the BIOS without a Windows machine. The only BIOS file available for download is a .EXE which is unrecognized by QFlash.

Also - was I supposed to pick a kernel ? The guide doesn't mention it.

Thanks everyone. I feel like I am 99% of the way there.

DISK BOOT FAILURE

Hi!
I was hooping to be able to follow this guide but i'm stuck att the first step.

Background:
I bought the GA-X58A-UD3R used Q-flash to update to bios f5. I have the i7 930 2.8ghz cpu and the 9800GT 1 GB silent GPU, 4GB of ram and the intel x25 80GB ssd HD.

Connected the cd/dvd-unit to sata2-0
Connected the HD to sata2-1

I set up the bios according to the instructions, all drive control modes to AHCI and 64bit mode power management, first boot device cd, second boot device HD.

Problem: :banghead:
When I try to boot with the iBoot cd all I get to is the verifying DMI Pool Data, after that I get "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" (don't mean to scream but the message reads in capital letters). I've got an old windows xp disc that it reads so I know the cd/dvd-unit works.

Anyone knows what the problem is, I have no clue, could it be the cd. I've burned 5 different ones and 2 empire EFI cd's with no luck. I burn them on my Macbook pro using disk utility.

Any help is greatly appreciated
//MÃ¥rten from Sweden

phlippy22 said:
Good point, sorry I forgot, i'll add it :) thanks

OK thanks! It work perfectly but graphics card. :lol:
The 9800GT 1GB(VGA+PCIE+S-video), 1GB of RAM only recognized 512MB, and does not recognize the card's model. :oops:
Hope your help, thanks very much!
--OiCkilL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back