Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, Im new to this community (nice to meet you!) and this will be my first hackintosh (hopefully :thumbup: )
Ive been researching for hours and looking at the compatible hardware, and the first problem Ive run into is the motherboard

While the Gigabyte GA X58A UD somethings are compatible, I couldn't find info on the X58A-OC
Im wondering if this will be a problem O.O

Also my graphics card will be an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB card which I also couldn't find any info on.

Lastly Ill be trying it on a 300GB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM SATA HDD From what I could understand HDD compatibility is a different matter from say the motherboard. Not sure how wrong or right Im here either -.-

Oh and just in case my CPU is Intel(R) Core™ i7-980 3.33 which apparently the I7s are supported.

I bought this computer build after finding out how complicated it was to get a mac on a pc. I was too busy researching how to clone my macbook pro's hdd to a desktop (phew thats going to be another matter altogether -______- )

Thats about it, I hope. (not sure if network cards should be included)
Thank you very much! :]

Well i derped with the motherboard, after looking at the confirmed hardware from wiki i had the bright idea of checking tony macs dsdt database and sure enough there it was. derp :I (well except for the f3 part, dunno what that means :/ )

However I was wondering if you guys had any advice for the rest of my build.
I still couldnt find my nvidia gtx 560 (2gb) on a database. Is there a way I could look for it myself?
Also Ill be having 24 gigs of ram from what I understood there are issues with that, is it just when installing mac os? Can I put them back afterwards without issues?

As for the hardrive dunno how many issues pop up because of it. That and how easily/quickly i can set up my hackintosh would be the deciding factor on wether ill use my fancy velociraptor (10000rpm! ) or i buy a 500g barracuda.

The problem is that i need to be working on two animation projects (3d and 2d) during the break, so getting this set up quickly and stable is a major priority.
So for the graphics card for example, should i just set up windows for now and wait for definite support?

All this because windows is such a pain to mantain -.- (though Ill still need it for certain programs, I want mac to be my main system)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back