Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 build. Advice welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!!! I'm Noddy, and this is my first post.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone here who has built a successful Hackintosh using the GA-P67A-UD5-B3 that I have recently purchased. I have already done a search of the "Successful Builds" section of this forum but I couldn't see anything built around the motherboard I have. I saw some GA-P67A-UD3 and GA-P67-UD4 successful builds but I'm not sure if these successful build specs will work with my UD5 motherboard.

I would like to build a Hackintosh to be used exclusively for music production using Motu Digital Performer, Kontakt and some other VST plug-ins etc. I just bought a retail copy of Snow Leopard for this build. At the moment, I have an old iMac G4 running OSX Tiger but the iMac just isn't capable of running the sequencing programmes I just mentioned. I can't afford to buy a new Mac computer and I don't want to give up using OSX because I have become so used to it over the years, so a "Hack-Daw" seems like the way to go.

So, all I have so far in the way of hardware is my GA-P67A-UD5-B3 motherboard. I will be getting the i7 2600 / K in a few weeks time. I don't know what graphics card to use that would be compatible or what RAM is compatible either, although I would like to use Mushkin RAM if it is compatible.

Any suggestions or advice is most appreciated.
Many thanks, from your friendly neighborhood elf,
Noddy

I have this board and I am running OSX 10.6x on one drive and OSX 10.7x on the second drive
both instalations work great.

I am using pro tools and Logic

my audio interface is a Profire 2626

I have this board and I am running OSX 10.6x on one drive and OSX 10.7x on the second drive
both instalations work great.

I am using pro tools and Logic

my audio interface is a Profire 2626

Nice help, but did you see the post date on this post? November of 2011. I'm guessing he figured something else out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back