1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0) MB. I have a PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024MB

When I built this, I think it was with Snow Leo and it worked great. Since Lion I have not been able to get my Graphics Card to work properly. I would always get the black screen. Tried a bunch of stuff, with having another user on here help me with DSDT and using EVO DSDTse to figure out what was going on. Long story short, we could never figure out what the issue was, so I've been out of a Hackintosh since that time.

My main questions are, Can I upgrade this build at all for 10.9? Can I buy a new Graphics Card that will work with the new OS?

If yes for buying a new Graphics Card, any ideas as to what would work best with this Build and something that's not over $200.

I have the Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0) MB. I have a PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024MB

When I built this, I think it was with Snow Leo and it worked great. Since Lion I have not been able to get my Graphics Card to work properly. I would always get the black screen. Tried a bunch of stuff, with having another user on here help me with DSDT and using EVO DSDTse to figure out what was going on. Long story short, we could never figure out what the issue was, so I've been out of a Hackintosh since that time.

My main questions are, Can I upgrade this build at all for 10.9? Can I buy a new Graphics Card that will work with the new OS?

If yes for buying a new Graphics Card, any ideas as to what would work best with this Build and something that's not over $200.

I don't know about upgrading the P55A to 10.9; my gut feeling is that yes, it would work. What CPU do you have in that?

As far as the graphics card is concerned, you can get one as cheap as about $25 - an nVidia GeForce 210 will work. However, I'd recommend setting your sights just a little higher than that. I would get a GeForce 640, with prices currently starting around $80.

This is my Build:

Power Mac G5 Moded Case.
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0)
Graphics Card: PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024 MB
CPU: 3.07 Intel i3
8Gb Ram

I would be willing to spend $80-150 on a new Graphics card as long as I can get 10.9 and future updates working. The i3 works fine for me with the build, It's not my main computer so I'm happy with it.

My P55M-UD2 started with a 8600GS under 10.6.8. I upgraded the card to a 5770 batman card (used via eBay), still under 10.6.8.

My upgrade to 10.9 went smoothly and I have done nothing special for the 5770.

I never tried 10.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back