Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N
CPU
i3-4160
Graphics
GTX-760
Hey everyone, I’ve got a Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI build running Mojave that’s working more or less perfectly so far except for sleep mode. The machine appears to sleep, but boots from scratch instead of waking (motherboard splash screen, Clover menu, all the good stuff). Notably the power button LED stays illuminated during sleep (it doesn’t under Windows 10, with which I’ll be dual booting). Attached are my config.plist and screw it, my whole EFI directory. Note that I’m using pure Clover 5103 and Clover Configurator 5.9.1.0, and none of the MultiBeast suite or anything else. Has anyone here encountered this or does anyone have suggestions? I would really appreciate it as I’d rather not have to leave the machine running 24/7.

Things I’ve tried (none of which has worked, or even made a visible difference) :
  • Physically removing the stock Wifi/Bluetooth card
  • Unplugging front panel USB board from internal USB headers
  • Disabling “Put hard disks to sleep when possible”, “Wake for Ethernet network access”, “Enable Power Nap” in Energy Saver settings
  • Leaving all USB devices unplugged except for a USB keyboard (Apple M7803) and mouse (Apple A1152) in a USB 2.0/1.1 port
  • Disabling RC6 Render Standby in BIOS (honestly can’t remember why I tried this and I should probably re-enable it)
  • Disabling Intel virtualization in BIOS (same)
  • Enabling `Fixmutex` in Clover
  • Enabling `NeverHibernate` in Clover (this might actually have been the default though)
  • Enabling P state and C state generation in Clover
  • Deleting `com.apple.PowerManagement.*` config files in `/Library/Preferences` and allowing MacOS to regenerate them (as recommended in various threads about similar issues)
  • Setting various `darkwake` levels in Clover boot flags
  • Waking using the power button only
  • Hopping on one foot while rubbing my tummy
Build:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte H97N (rev 1.0, IIRC)
  • CPU: Intel i3-4160
  • GPU: EVGA GTX-760 (P/N: 02G-P4-2765-KR)
  • RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low-Profile (P/N: CML16GX3M2A1600C10)
  • PSU: weird-ass 1U PSU that comes with the EVGA Hadron; will switch to Seasonic SS-400L (also a weird-ass 1U PSU) once I get some Molex-to-6-pin-to-8-pin adapters
  • Boot drive: Crucial MX-300 SSD (P/N: CT275MX300SSD1)
Obligatory P.S.: Thanks a ton for the guides and various other materials @Stork and @VioletDragon and others. A constant gift to people everywhere for the past six years. Without your contributions I might not have bothered with any of this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 47
  • EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Hi Denizen,

Did you found a solution for your sleep problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back