Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm considering a completely silent Mini ITX pc for my Hackintosh..

The downside of it currently is Gigabyte GA-H81TN motherboard which seems to be nonexistent in Hackintosh community..

Can anyone tell me whether it'll work and what are the downsides of this board, if any?!

I'm planning to use it with a i7-4765T processor for home server purposes..

TY

Hi,

The downside of it currently is Gigabyte GA-H81TN motherboard which seems to be nonexistent in Hackintosh community..

Can anyone tell me whether it'll work and what are the downsides of this board, if any?!

TY

It should do nicely. The GA-H81TN has supported audio and ethernet chips, so it should be quite Hackintosh friendly.

Hi,

TY

This motherboard has only three SATA ports and one is 3Gbs. The GA-H87TN would be my choice as it has 4 6Gbs SATA ports.

If you are going to use passive CPU cooling (no fan at all) then the 35W CPU that you have chosen is a good choice and maybe the SATA port count is not a great consideration.

Good modding,
neil

This motherboard has only three SATA ports and one is 3Gbs. The GA-H87TN would be my choice as it has 4 6Gbs SATA ports.

If you are going to use passive CPU cooling (no fan at all) then the 35W CPU that you have chosen is a good choice and maybe the SATA port count is not a great consideration.

Good modding,
neil

This is exactly what I'm doing - passive cooling and completely silent setup with ssd..

So I've got everything.. My setup is as follows:

Case: Akasa Euler Fanless Mini-ITX
Power: External 90W fanless
MB: Gigabyte GA-H81TN
CPU: Intel Core i7-4765T
Graphics: Integrated Intel HD 4600
RAM: Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: Intel 530 series, 180GB SSD

Installation materials and guide according to 10.9 UniBeast Installation Guide

At first I got stuck with Installer reboot loop - when I was trying to boot the installer (10.9) the Chimera reboots right after "Starting Darwin..." message is displayed. I fixed this one with two kernel patches from this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq-21.html

Now I got further, but again got stuck right when the installer started, it showed mouse cursor for a second and then the never-ending rainbow ball.. In the Verbose mode I saw that there were bunch of errors regarding SMC and the only way to get further was to boot the installer with "-x" option.

After finally properly starting the installer I partitioned the drive according to the Guide and installed OS X..
At the end the computer restarted and here the next interesting part started.. - at this point the Chimera boot screen had to show two boot options - USB and Mavericks, but it's showing only USB, which boots up the installer again.. The interesting thing is that now the BIOS doesn't offer me to choose my internal SSD as a boot disk (maybe it should be this way), but the Disk Utility that I can launch after booting the Installer sees the SSD and states that everything is correct.
I even tried repartitioning and reinstalling the OS X, and still am getting the same result..

So I'm stuck again.. :) Any suggestions how to fix this?

I am having the same problem. The BIOS only sees the SSD I'm using if it's MBR-partitioned.

The BIOS on the H81TN is kind of crippled, comparatively speaking. I am trying a few things to get OS X installed on an MBR drive, but I may have to RMA it and get an -87 instead.

I'll post back if I have any luck.

Installed fine after replacing the OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg. Kewl.

Don't forget to copy your patched mach_kernel back! (Oops!)

Now if I could just get Mavericks to recognize the GPU. (I built a custom DSDT last night and everything, but no dice.)

Enough people have Haswell IGP working that I know it should work, I'm just screwing something up.

Okay, that sucked. Returning the 4130T, ordered a 4670T.

Apparently Haswell graphics are easy enough to get working, but only if they're 4600/5000, not 4400s.

:twisted:

Hello dave

Your system works fine with the 4670T?
The audio also?

Thanks

Hello dave

Your system works fine with the 4670T?
The audio also?

Thanks

Only got the CPU today.

It's still only booting in safe mode. GPU drivers hang, not sure which settings to use. Trial and error sucks.

At least the unsupported graphics would say, "oh, we're nothing" and it would boot without having to enter safe mode. The HD4600 is making it hard-freeze during startup.

Finally!

It wasn't the GPU after all. The GA-H81TN has a stinky, smelly, old fashioned BIOS, and there's no way to disable Vt-d. My org.chameleon.Boot.plist includes the following:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v dart=0</string> <--this disabled Vt-d.
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>04160000</string>

Now to see about sound..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back