Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys so I built my first Hackintosh Mini per the specs on the site. Downloaded Lion and installed via Unibeast.

However I cannot for the life of me boot from the drive! I've set to AHCI and changed boot order but it refuses to boot into the installation procedure.

Has anyone had this problem before? I'm so close but so far away :x

Thanks for the help

Can you provide a few more details, it isn't clear what exactly you are doing/

Is this a fresh install onto an internal HDD?

Is the external device a USB thumb drive or a HDD in an external case?

What are you trying to boot? Using rBoot? Can you get to the Chimera screen when you boot using rBoot? Can you stop there, using the space bar and do you see your external USB device?

Have you tried using boot flags? -x -v PCIRootUID=1 and maybe ncpi=0x2000 if you are having a graphics related freeze you may have to add GraphicsEnabler=NO

If none of that helps but you get some output on your screen, you might want to post it.

Not entirely sure what R-Boot and Chimera are I assumed they were part of Unibeast. This is a fresh install onto a brand new hard drive. It's off an 8GB usb flash drive.

When I boot up my computer, I choose USB-HDD via the BIOS and it just goes into the waiting for startup disk loop.

RESOLVED: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 H61 Won't Boot From USB

Turns out the USB Drive I had just wasn't compatible for whatever reason. Purchased a new SanDisk and we're cooking.

Thanks all.

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I think I found a solution to the original problem.

I had the same problem with a GA-H61M-DH2-USB3, but after setting the first boot device to "USB-CDROM" and setting the CD-EFI-Boot thingy to "non-EFI", it booted right off the thumb drive.

Installing now on my HTPC-to-be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back