Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking to do my first build for my grad present. Would a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard work? My plan is get the i7 2600 and get a 2gb visiontek video card, not sure which model number ill have to check at work tomorrow, do you think it'll all work? All comments and opinions welcome.

OSX will work fine with that board but the 2600 wont.

how could an i72600 work on a 1156 board? :eek:

jarett19 said:
I'm looking to do my first build for my grad present. Would a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard work? My plan is get the i7 2600 and get a 2gb visiontek video card, not sure which model number ill have to check at work tomorrow, do you think it'll all work? All comments and opinions welcome.

i72600 is not LGA 1156 so it will not work. i7 8xx that are LGA 1156 will.

As for your video card, you will need to be more specific, but for ease of installation and decent performance would recommend 5770.

Good luck!

I have that exact MB with a PNY-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Video card and an i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz core processor, I was also doing my first Hackintosh build too and had alot of problems getting the audio to work and still have not been succesful getting HDMI video to work.

If I could do it over I would have copied exactly one of the builds shown in the signature of TonyMac, Macman or one of the other experienced users and saved myself alot of trouble and still had a nice build...just my 2 cents!

Good luck!

Snow Leopard doesn't suport graphics cards with more than 1GB of memory.

See Tony's recommended build in my signature block. Every build just works.

Stork said:
Snow Leopard doesn't suport graphics cards with more than 1GB of memory.

thanks stork!... you learn something everyday!

Dang, that kind of just pooped on my parade. haha So I did some more research, a 1155 socket is what I would need for the 2600 correct? And the graphics card I was going to get was a visiontek Radeon HD 5450 with 2gb dedicated, I wanted that graphic card for video and graphic editing, I thought it would be nice. But since it wont work, is there any good cards that could be REALLY good for graphic as well as video editing that will work with SL?

It's deffinitely in my price range! :thumbup: but I'm not sure if it will handle 3d rendering. Does anybody know if it will or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back