Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Just finished upgrading my main box to support Mojave. Added the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse, 24Gb RAM, i5 CPU.

Good things:

HD 630 and Sapphire RX 580 video enabled - I boot into the igfx, vt-d is enabled in bios but no other special bios configs.
USB 3 and 3.1 all working
I have a USB external sound card and bluetooth for audio so did not enable onboard audio or HDMI audio
Airplay works to my Apple TV

Stable build for the last 2 weeks so I am very happy.

The upgrade process was a little complex as I needed to reformat the SSD to apfs before upgrading. Luckily current version of CCC supports apfs, so 2 copies and a lot of efi mounting/copying and ensuring files were present etc, I had an apfs high sierra drive to upgrade. From there, the process was smooth.

Latest versions of Whatevergreen.kext and Lilu.kext were used along with Clover 4769. Usual multibeast options for Atheros 2.2.2 networking and fakesmc.kext, UEFI boot mode, iMac 18.1 profile (see config.plist for the other adjustments) and the 7/8/9 Series USB support (seems to enable USB 3.1) plus USBInjectAll. Everything else was handled through the config.plist in Clover configurator and SSDT attached.

Hope this helps.

1/16/19: So I have been looking at the system performance and noted that the USB3.1 was performing slowly. After a lot of digging and experimentation, I updated USBInjectAll.kext to the latest Rehabman release version (11/18), removed the 3rd party USB driver and the 7/8/9 Series USB support kexts from all locations, rebooted and the USB 3.1 support is back to full speed.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    894 bytes · Views: 144
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
A couple of observations:

Booting with igfx gives a much faster startup from Clover to Login screen but I have noticed with games that my fps drops dramatically. Booting off the Sapphire card takes forever (1 min+) but games all run at max fps.

I could only get this setup working with 10.14.2 Mojave, under 10.14.1, booting would hang. I am using HDMI to the HD 630 and DVI for the Sapphire with plans to add a 4K DP monitor shortly.

Hope you can help me. Same motherboard with intel i7-7700 (non K). everything appears to work except sleep is a problem, Any chance you could share your refi folder? I am running integrated graphics only at this time,

Thanks,

Glenn

I could never get sleep to work - issue with the HD630 monitor never switching back on. Some have suggested it is due to using HDMI cable to the monitor - given we are now in lockdown for a few weeks, might take the time to investigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back