GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello:

I just bought a PC with a motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110-D3A-rev-10#kf

User's Manual:

ftp://31.42.166.8/dbu/013767.pdf

I'm trying to install High Sierra but when the installation goes for 7 or 8 minutes it automatically restarts. Boot from the pendriver and select the hard drive. The apple appears and when the progress bar reaches half it stops.

BIOS CONFIGURE THUS:

CPU supports VT-d, disable it
OS Type to Other OS
IO Serial Port, disable it
XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Can someone tell me if something is missing in the BIOS?

Thank you very much

@johanc38, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Not definitely a problem. Boot F12 from the stick, and on clover boot screen select "install macOS High Sierra from <usb>". Keep doing that until you reach the desktop. It will reboot several times, just follow the same steps.

If you do this like a third time and this is still happening, yup, time to -v it.

Thanks @aol you're right, but when I use the verbose mode it prints this:
IMG.jpg

Thanks @aol you're right, but when I use the verbose mode it prints this:
View attachment 296948

Please note your MoBo as listed in your Profile is INCORRECT.
I have never heard of a MoBo "Snow Leopard" an OS X name!
Any troubleshoot advice offered on the basis of wrong/inadequate information can go wrong and hence the Forum rules.
Your BIOS Options listed does not include what you have chosen in Peripherals> Initial Display Output and Chips : Internal Graphics

Your uploaded verbose boot screen image may be Graphics Related and hence all of the above information are relevant in troubleshoot.

Please note your MoBo as listed in your Profile is INCORRECT.
I have never heard of a MoBo "Snow Leopard" an OS X name!
Any troubleshoot advice offered on the basis of wrong/inadequate information can go wrong and hence the Forum rules.
Your BIOS Options listed does not include what you have chosen in Peripherals> Initial Display Output and Chips : Internal Graphics

Your uploaded verbose boot screen image may be Graphics Related and hence all of the above information are relevant in troubleshoot.

Maybe it's because I do not speak English. I will try to explain myself as best I can.

My profile (which I already updated) has no relationship with the query I have done.
My query is for a PC that I bought my son and that's why I've put the address
from the manufacturer's website:

GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A

And the ftp address where the user manual of this motherboard is located:

I forgot to indicate the graphic card:

nVidia Geforce GT 440, which was previously used in Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan

As I indicated:

BIOS CONFIGURE THUS:

OS Type to Other OS
XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Although I think the information I give is enough. Please, if something else is missing, tell me.

Thank you

Maybe it's because I do not speak English. I will try to explain myself as best I can.

My profile (which I already updated) has no relationship with the query I have done.
My query is for a PC that I bought my son and that's why I've put the address
from the manufacturer's website:

GIGABYTE GA-H110-D3A

And the ftp address where the user manual of this motherboard is located:

I forgot to indicate the graphic card:

nVidia Geforce GT 440, which was previously used in Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan

As I indicated:

BIOS CONFIGURE THUS:

OS Type to Other OS
XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Although I think the information I give is enough. Please, if something else is missing, tell me.

Thank you

• Now we can find the actual MoBO+Graphics card used for the High Sierra Build listed on the main message
  • The Intel CPU used for your build is not in the list
  • the minimum required information for a BUILD are Motherboard+CPU+Graphics
    • Readers usually look at your Profile for this hardware details.
  • If Profile does not have the right hardware, we try to look at the bottom of the message to see if a Build Signature
    is listed with the above 3 hardware
  • All answers to help should be with reference to these main hardware and they should be easily accessible throughout the troubleshoot.
    • Since your Profile does not match the hardware you are using for this build, please edit your Build Signature but also add your Intel CPU to the list.
  • I don't have your nVidia Geforce GT 440 in any of my systems and quick search has not shown any well documented report in this Forum of using nVidia Geforce GT 440 in macOS High Sierra .
    • I strongly suggest checking and making sure your nVidia Geforce GT 440 is supported in High Sierra and whether nVidia Webdriver can help to use it, from this Forum and elsewhere, before going too far with your installation
  • Your posted verbose boot screen seems to suggest a problem with your Graphics card.
  • Uploading your CLOVER folder from the High Sierra USB Installer as a compressed file may be able to give us a better clue.
    • CLOVER is inside EFI Partition of the USB Installer disk
      • EFI Partition of a disk is ALWAYS HIDDEN
    • To view the hidden EFI Partition , it has to be 'mounted' on the Desktop of the Mac or Hack you have access to insert the USB installer disk.
    • You need to download and launch a software like Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD
    • From the Left Panel of CCV screen, click on "Mount EFI" and
    • From the Divided screen that pops up, find your USB installer listed as "EFI on EFI. ......your USBInstaller name" > "Mount Partition" button [See image for visual help]
    • Click EFI >EFI>CLOVER and Right click COVER.Compress CLOVER >Upload to this Forum
  • In your BIOS under "Peripherals" menu, check and report your choice of Graphics related settings. (because your current problem is most likely from Graphics)

Attachments

• 1.Mount EFI in CCV.png
    1.Mount EFI in CCV.png
    312.8 KB · Views: 451
  • 1.Possible Graphics Problem in Verbose boot.png
    1.Possible Graphics Problem in Verbose boot.png
    373 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
  • Now we can find the actual MoBO+Graphics card used for the High Sierra Build listed on the main message
  • The Intel CPU used for your build is not in the list
  • the minimum required information for a BUILD are Motherboard+CPU+Graphics
    • Readers usually look at your Profile for this hardware details.
  • If Profile does not have the right hardware, we try to look at the bottom of the message to see if a Build Signature
    is listed with the above 3 hardware
  • All answers to help should be with reference to these main hardware and they should be easily accessible throughout the troubleshoot.
    • Since your Profile does not match the hardware you are using for this build, please edit your Build Signature but also add your Intel CPU to the list.
  • I don't have your nVidia Geforce GT 440 in any of my systems and quick search has not shown any well documented report in this Forum of using nVidia Geforce GT 440 in macOS High Sierra .
    • I strongly suggest checking and making sure your nVidia Geforce GT 440 is supported in High Sierra and whether nVidia Webdriver can help to use it, from this Forum and elsewhere, before going too far with your installation
  • Your posted verbose boot screen seems to suggest a problem with your Graphics card.
  • Uploading your CLOVER folder from the High Sierra USB Installer as a compressed file may be able to give us a better clue.
    • CLOVER is inside EFI Partition of the USB Installer disk
      • EFI Partition of a disk is ALWAYS HIDDEN
    • To view the hidden EFI Partition , it has to be 'mounted' on the Desktop of the Mac or Hack you have access to insert the USB installer disk.
    • You need to download and launch a software like Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD
    • From the Left Panel of CCV screen, click on "Mount EFI" and
    • From the Divided screen that pops up, find your USB installer listed as "EFI on EFI. ......your USBInstaller name" > "Mount Partition" button [See image for visual help]
    • Click EFI >EFI>CLOVER and Right click COVER.Compress CLOVER >Upload to this Forum
  • In your BIOS under "Peripherals" menu, check and report your choice of Graphics related settings. (because your current problem is most likely from Graphics)

It is clear that many young people do not have patience. My son has got tired and has decided to install
Debian I'm sorry I made you waste your time. I hope you excuse me.

Thank you very much to all.

It is clear that many young people do not have patience. My son has got tired and has decided to install
Debian I'm sorry I made you waste your time. I hope you excuse me.

Thank you very much to all.
johanc38 not a problem; my time spent was to help you and through the responses from you to final success, to help others reading your post. Unfortunately it ended without any definite conclusion.

Linux systems are a lot friendlier with the hardware made for Windows than Macs. Building a Linux System is therefore much easier. Because of that we can test a hardware running a Linux Live-Disc . Linux systems are very good too and your son may be quite good at it. Hope he enjoys his new build and try a dual boot later when you can help him do that:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back