Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.0) SLEEP problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K at 3.8GHz
Graphics
Sapphire VaporX 1GB Radeon HD5870)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all!

today I bought a used GA-EP45-UD3P for 50 bucks. I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it but I cant get sleep to work (nor restart). Shutdown works fine.

Can you please help me? I really need sleep. Im gonna use this Hackintosh as an HTPC.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what method you used to install Snow Leopard, but I've had good luck using SleepEnabler.kext on my GA-EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 board. I also have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed, which I believe will affect sleep behavior for better or worse.

You could try one of this in resouces/DSDT database/ from above,
pe EP45-UD3L or google for it.

You dont need sleepenabler or NullP....kext than.

I think that the DSDT you say will not work for me.. :(

I will try it though (when I get back home) :)

Unwesen is correct, a proper DSDT would just work (assuming you have a vanilla /System/Library/Extensions with no changes). However, there is no DSDT for GA-EP45-UD3P in the database, so I'm not hopeful that a -UD3L DSDT will work.

But if you go the route of no-DSDT (which is perfectly valid, just not optimal), you will need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent kernel panics, related to HPET I think. And then you would add in SleepEnabler.kext to make sleep work. On a rev 1.1 version of the UD3P, I got this method to work in both Leopard & Lion.

Can you please give me a link to download the proper sleepenabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ? I want to try an installation without DSDT.aml first. :)

Thank you guys.

I got the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast, which is available on this site. Look under the Resources link near the top of the page. In Multibeast, look under:

-Drivers & Bootloaders
--Kexts & Enablers
---Micsellaneous
----NullCPUPowerManagement

For SleepEnabler, I'm pretty sure I'm using

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

It seems to work all right with my rev 1.1 board on 10.7.4. While sleep works, it's a bit funky. The first mouse click/key press starts the computer up and puts the fans on high, but it won't fully work until I wait a second or two and press another button again. This slows my fans down and turns on the video signal.

Good luck!

I tried with Sleepenabler and NullCPUPowerManagement and nothing happens. :(

Can you please help me?

Thanks

kallinan said:
It seems to work all right with my rev 1.1 board on 10.7.4. While sleep works, it's a bit funky. The first mouse click/key press starts the computer up and puts the fans on high, but it won't fully work until I wait a second or two and press another button again. This slows my fans down and turns on the video signal.

Good luck!

Try adding this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back