Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3P (LifeHacker Build) Fully Working Sans Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I got this board 100% stable, but I had to choose a few other options...no matter what my Ethernet and audio would not work with multibeast, i had to use this Ethernet driver package:
[h=3]RTL81xx OS X Driver [Lnx2Mac[/h]I had to use another audio driver kext too, i think i used kextbeast to intall this one single one...

Anyway I also had to choose other options in Multibeast....

I choose DSDT Free on the "quick start" tab
this pre-loads a lot of stuff for u
I choose alc885/889a even though it didn't work
Bootloader Chimera of course is checked
Click "Customize" then -> GraphicsEnabler=Yes, ----check this box
PCIRootUID FIX = CHECK THIS BOX ALSO
leave the other things checked that are already checked...

Click on "Misc" (the swiss army knife icon)
put a check by "NullCPUPowerManagement"

I also think i checked the top option: ElliotForceLegacyRTC so CMOS wouldn't get reset anymore...

I believe this was about it....sorry my getting the audio to work is a little fuzzy...but if you guys are struggling with this board then don't give up, it works perfectly, sleep, restart, shutdown, etc.

I have a similar board, EP45-UD3R with audio disabled (I have a USB audio interface), a GTX-285 video card, Crucial 512 SSD, a few 2TB hard drives and USB 3 PCIe card and nothing else and it works fine except for random lock ups. The screen and computer just freezes and there is no way to recover except restarting. Not sure what to do to resolve the issue? Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you using a DSDT or running 10.10 without a DSDT. If you are using a DSDT did you get it off the internet or built/had one built for your motherboard.

Does anyone know how to work on the SSDT tables for this board. My sleep doesn't work properly and sometimes have issues waking the 10.10 hack. Damn you apple and your kext signatures

I have the same board got everything up and running just can't seem to get the audio to work. What driver in multibeast? I did a clean 10.10 install.

man, i have this same board as op, but i just cant get the computer to shut down all of the time. sometimes the fans and lights just stay on, and display will turn off. its not a complete shut down. i had the same problem with mavericks. back when i had SL it worked 100%, but when i tried mavericks and yosemite, it never shuts down. its irritating, anyone have a fix? i remember posting about this in the past but never get responses. any help, hints or ideas?

Can you post your org.chameleon.plist from /Extras? I am having trouble getting my Yosemite install to boot. I did use a dsdt that I have been using since Snow Leopard days, not sure if that's what's screwing things up.

I tried using my old org.chameleon.plist from Mavericks but that didn't work either.

Edit: once I removed the <mach_kernel> key from my old Mavericks org.chameleon.plist it booted (once) but now I'm getting a hang during boot that says: "bug in process suhelperd[177]...." and I'm stuck, according to this thread, http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/147602-bug-process-suhelperd.html can be fixed via Clover, but I am using Multibeast/Chimera.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:
man, i have this same board as op, but i just cant get the computer to shut down all of the time. sometimes the fans and lights just stay on, and display will turn off. its not a complete shut down. i had the same problem with mavericks. back when i had SL it worked 100%, but when i tried mavericks and yosemite, it never shuts down. its irritating, anyone have a fix? i remember posting about this in the past but never get responses. any help, hints or ideas?

I am having a similar problem though for me it happens when I leave it idle for a while. It goes to sleep, and if I wake it within a few minutes of going to sleep it comes back on. If I wait however, like 20 minutes, it goes completely black with fans on full and I can't wake it. I used easy beast to install, am currently running 10.10.1 seamlessly except for this one very frustrating problem. Anyone have thoughts on how to fix it?

Attachments

• MultiBeast.jpg
    MultiBeast.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 476
I also got this motherboard up and running a fresh install of Yosemite with settings pictured above. Thanks - I was struggling on this one!

use the dsdt GA EP45-UD3R and instal with multibeast yosimate
check the audio 885/889A and restart and your sound will be fully working

i have the GA EP45- UD3P running on yosimate 10.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back