Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-B75N full or half mini-PCIe wifi card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Mini3
CPU
Intel Core i3 3225
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just ordered a Gigabyte GA-B75B motherboard off Amazon to build a tiny second system.

1733393.jpg

I want to have wifi working on this build and ideally use the internal mini-PCI slot to not take up extra space.

From what I can see it looks like a half height slot, but will it fit full size cards also?

I would very much prefer to use one of the genuine Apple wifi cards to avoid any kinds of issues, like a AR9380 based card. Just that they are all full height.

I just ordered a Gigabyte GA-B75B motherboard off Amazon to build a tiny second system.

View attachment 72950

I want to have wifi working on this build and ideally use the internal mini-PCI slot to not take up extra space.

From what I can see it looks like a half height slot, but will it fit full size cards also?

I would very much prefer to use one of the genuine Apple wifi cards to avoid any kinds of issues, like a AR9380 based card. Just that they are all full height.

It *might* fit in the available space, but you won't be able to secure it as there is no hole for a screw for a full-size card. So it wouldn't be a good idea.

So get a half height AR9280 from Amazon.com - It shows up in System profile as an Apple Airport Extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back