Graphics
nVidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi all, this is my first attempt to build a new hackintosh. My system spec as below:

1. Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT motherboard
2. Intel LGA 775 Quad Core Q9400
2. 8G of Kingston HyperX Ram
3. nVidia Quadro FX380
5. 500GB Hard disk

First i was using dual boot method which partitioned my hard rive to 3 portion: Lion, Win 7 and data. Installed the Win 7 into 2nd partition and able to boot into Windows without problem.

After that installed the Lion with unibeast. After completion, restarted and boot into unibeast - Lion partition. Checked the system it was able to detect my graphic card and network interface but sound is not OK.
Applied multibeast 4.1.0 with Easybeast, audio driver, OSX utilities, System defination = Mac Pro, Chameleon themes. No disk,graphic and network option is selected. After installed multibeast, the audio is working. Reboot the Lion and during startup, it get kernel panic and not able to reached into OS at all. :cry:

Is there anyway to fix the kernel panic without reinstall the Lion? Even i boot into Lion via unibeast, it will get kernel panic during startup as well. :banghead:

Reinstalled Lion again and solved the kernel panic issue. Boot into Lion via Unibeast. The graphic card is detectable with full resolution but audio is not working. run multibeast with Easybeast and audio driver, utilities etc. After reboot graphic card is not detectable with minimal resolution and audio also not working. in this stage, where should i proceed to solve the graphic and sound issue? :cry:

Hi amenlo9

I have the same motherboard G41MT-S2PT.
I've done this:
First install a fresh copy of lion. If Your Graphics works with full resolution well it's great.
Then, for the audio and network download multi beast and install like pic below,
Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 9.44.45 PM.png
It worked for me. But still looking for DSDT. If i solve the problem i will write here.
Regards,

Alek

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 9.44.45 PM.png
    130 KB · Views: 1,051
Aleksandarpulios said:
Hi amenlo9

I've done this:
First install a fresh copy of lion. If Your Graphics works with full resolution well it's great.
Then, for the audio and network download multi beast and install like pic below,
It worked for me. But still looking for DSDT. If i solve the problem i will write here.
Regards,

Alek

I have the same board, everything works fine, except sound. tried everything I found in forum pages.... Did anybody had luck to enable audio on this board?

Logarch said:
Aleksandarpulios said:
Hi amenlo9

I've done this:
Regards,

Alek

I have the same board, everything works fine, except sound. tried everything I found in forum pages.... Did anybody had luck to enable audio on this board?

What is the revision of your G41MT-S2PT motherboard. First find it on your motherboard (Bottom left), then try to find the Audio chip on google by revision and install the corresponding audio kext from multibeast. Mine is Rev 1.1 and i used Realtek889, and works perfect.

I dont knowwhy, my revision is 1.1 but no sound, I used multibeast as well...

ohgood said:
amenlo9 said:
Reinstalled Lion again and solved the kernel panic issue. Boot into Lion via Unibeast. The graphic card is detectable with full resolution but audio is not working. run multibeast with Easybeast and audio driver, utilities etc. After reboot graphic card is not detectable with minimal resolution and audio also not working. in this stage, where should i proceed to solve the graphic and sound issue? :cry:

Aleksandarpulios - what tutorial did you use to install 10.7.x and what version ?

I'm having quite a time getting 10.7 to install, always hangs at HDAenable or DMOS. don't really know where to go from there.

thanks ! :headbang:

I used UniBeast Lion USB Installation Guide, with 10.7.0, than used MultiBeast: Lion Edition from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=125 for installing drivers. It takes some time to install HDAenable. Just tick the settings from Multibeast as i have done from the picture shown from previous post, upper.

If you need anything else i'll try to help.

Regards,

ohgood said:
Aleksandarpulios -thanks

when i booted -x -v, it did sit on HDAenabler for some time. i believe the first restart after install was +20 minutes at which time i thought something must be wrong. is this amount of boot time normal ?

i have a semi-working 10.6.8 install on another partition, i think i'll back that up just in case to anothe external hdd.

When installing Lion just boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, i think it will solve the problem.

I fresh installed again this morning. Your posts helped, I now have working sound and ethernet, along with a usb BLUETOOTH dongle, so my mac keyboard and mouse work flawlessly also.

SWEET- thank you !

How is your graphics card working ? Any freezes or issues ?

I have a GTX 460 (1Gb) that I bought brand new, but am considering changing to -anything- else that provides QE/QI so I can run iMovie and other intensive video apps. There is so much bad/inconsistant information here and insanelymac_ about the gtx 460 cards, that I think I'll just try one of the other known-working cards.

what would you suggest ? thanks again ![/quote]

I'm glad it worked for You too. My spent hours to make it work are counted in weeks :).
So, never mind, my graphics worked from beginning with full res without installing any kexts. I think You should change Your card, and try to find a card that is recomended for OS X. Make a small research on the net for graphics compatibility and Lion. You'll find somethig for the money.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back