Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE EP45-UD3LR (Intel P45 Eaglelake-P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE EP45-UD3LR
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
About ten years ago I was running Snow Leopard on this box but had to return to windows.
With me hearing that OSX Sierra will run on older Macs I ask you if I can run any newish version
on this box?

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
2GB DDR2-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

About ten years ago I was running Snow Leopard on this box but had to return to Windows. With me hearing that OSX Sierra will run on older Macs I ask you if I can run any newish version on this box?

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
2GB DDR2-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Some of the Sierra supported Macs has Core 2 Duo CPUs, so it may still be possible to run Sierra on this system. I am not sure since I don't have such a system to test. I know that some people here can run El Capitan on a similar system.

But 2 GB of RAM is not quite sufficient to run El Capitan or Sierra well in my opinion. I recommend at least 4 GB. Can you add more RAM (this is old DDR2 RAM so you may have difficulty finding them now) to the system? If you cannot, or do not want to, add more RAM, perhaps you might consider staying with an older version such as Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

About ten years ago I was running Snow Leopard on this box but had to return to windows.
With me hearing that OSX Sierra will run on older Macs I ask you if I can run any newish version
on this box?

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
2GB DDR2-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

CPU will work with Sierra & High Sierra. Has SSE4.1 Support. Motherboard will probably work not sure about the 8600GT. Old hardware probably better to upgrade to something newer and native hardware. Personally hardware that old isn't really worth the time and hassle.

I have macOS Sierra running on my legacy build:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
8GB DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
128 GB SanDisk SSD

I had to upgrade to SSD and 8GB ram in order to eliminate the lag, everything works smoothly.

Edit:
Geekbench score

Last edited:
thanks guys will try it with sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back