Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Anyone having similar problems?

My sleep isn't working. If I click Sleep, the computer successfully goes to sleep however upon clicking mouse/pressing a key on apple wireless keyboard, it turns on however there is no signal coming to my monitors.

Thanks for reading,

HamzaB

Yup. Don't know if it's 10.7.4 or Lion (can't remember trying sleep since installing Lion on my desktop) but having exactly the same issue. Different mobo but still Gigabyte. I read that Macbook Airs have a similar issue, which is solved by selecting the disk in System Preferences > Startup Disk.

So, when I go here, I select my startup disk (I don't have any other - I've deleted the Installer partition), and when I try to sleep - hey presto - it wakes up properly. But when I restart the system and go back into Startup Disk, it needs to be selected again manually else it won't wake up.

Why won't it automatically select it, since I have only one disk to use?

Worse, the only way to reboot is by disconnecting the power supply for a minute or so furthermore this also resets the BIOS - having to re-enter ACHI mode & 64 bit options.

I have had trouble googling it, as startup disk is such a common term, and select startup disk brings up the wrong stuff.

trozminster, in your description it says that you have full qe / ci for an ATI 5670. How did you achieve that, can you give me a guide or instructions of some sort? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, does it work on 10.7.4?

trozminster said:
Yup. Don't know if it's 10.7.4 or Lion (can't remember trying sleep since installing Lion on my desktop) but having exactly the same issue. Different mobo but still Gigabyte. I read that Macbook Airs have a similar issue, which is solved by selecting the disk in System Preferences > Startup Disk.

So, when I go here, I select my startup disk (I don't have any other - I've deleted the Installer partition), and when I try to sleep - hey presto - it wakes up properly. But when I restart the system and go back into Startup Disk, it needs to be selected again manually else it won't wake up.

Why won't it automatically select it, since I have only one disk to use?

Worse, the only way to reboot is by disconnecting the power supply for a minute or so furthermore this also resets the BIOS - having to re-enter ACHI mode & 64 bit options.

I have had trouble googling it, as startup disk is such a common term, and select startup disk brings up the wrong stuff.

This guy is on right!

I updated the AppleRTC.kext from Multibeast 4.5.1 and Wuala! the system turned into sleep mode in 2 sec. and 3 sec to turn on again into desktop.

I have been patching dsdt during days and the key is on RTC kext. Doh

broomstick1300 said:
trozminster, in your description it says that you have full qe / ci for an ATI 5670. How did you achieve that, can you give me a guide or instructions of some sort? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, does it work on 10.7.4?

I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in my /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Other than that I'm fairly sure it's a supported Graphics card that just works.

To get mine working initially (18 months ago) was a bit of a PITA as it involved using an enabler kext (32 bit only). But since then AFAIK functionality is built into Chameleon. Are you using the latest version of Chameleon?

10.7.4 works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back