Graphics
Zotac Geforce GTX 670 4Gb (GK104)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've extracted the dsdt for my Gigabyte EP35-DS3P rev 2.1 motherboard with the latest F6 BIOS.
I tried to patch it with DSDT Editor, first applied the Gigabyte EP35-DS3P patch, then the ALC889A patch - according to tonymacx86's DSDT GUIDE - and the resulting dsdt.aml works under Lion 10.7.
However I can't get my onboard audio (ALC889A according to Gigabyte specification) to work. I've used MultiBeast to install ALC8xxHDA kext as described in the audio wiki. Unfortunately no sound.
lspci -nn output:
Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 02)
My graphics card is a Geforce 8800 GTS 512 G92 HDMI capable card.

Would you please help me? I've attached the original dsdt.dsl file to my post. Would you patch it for me to be able to use Lion with sound and all the other necessary fixes? What else should I try to make the sound working? This is my 8th Lion installation in a row, I've kernel panicked all previous installations with various kexts trying to fix the sound issue.

Attachments

• dsdt_orig.dsl
    182.6 KB · Views: 133
The motherboard BIOS is already the latest F6. Do you mean I need to reflash it again?

No if it is F6 then you should be fine. When you run Multibeast your install should look something like this. If you have already ran Multibeast, make sure you delete your Extra folder before running Multibeast again.

customac-multibeast-settings.png

Thank you very much, that solved it! I haven't selected AppleHDA Rollback the first time (since the wiki told me that for ALC889a I only needed DSDT + ALC8xxHDA).

So I have made my first working patched DSDT for my board. Beside the mobo specific patch and the audio patch which is in my current dsdt what other patch should I apply to my dsdt? It's a socket 775 board with Core 2 Duo CPU.
There are plenty of dsdt patches. Is there a place I can read about the role of the other dsdt patches?

Hello!
I have same (quite rare, have to say) mobo as you + Nvidia 9800 GT and core2duo E8200 CPU

Would you like to share your patch for F6 bios? Have you add any other fixes to your DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back