Radeon HD 6870.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1st build GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH,CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 Cooler, CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX, Intel Core i7-3770K,
Corsair Force GS 240Gb SSD. Connected cables, VGA display, USB keyboard & mouse.
Power-on button on MB, fans start, MBIOS LED lights up & stays orange, LED debug starts at 15 then becomes 53, in about 5 sec, it automatically powers off, then powers on with the same results, MBIOS orange & LED=53, will repeat until power is removed.
Assumed a memory issue - Started with 16Gb GSkill DDR3, changed the memory to Corsair Vengence DDR3 8Gb same result LED 53.
Any suggestions welcomed.

Problem solved. Wiring miscue with a 3pin fan cable.

Gigabyte debug LED=53 for GA-Z77X-UD5H

I have a similar problem ...

Hi All,

Topic: MB GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Start Debug LED Codes Codes 15 then 53 followed by restart

I am currently building my first computer using the following components:

My PC build consists of:

- Corsair 800W PSU Gaming Series
- Antec P280 Case (size, air flow, sound proofing, wiring)
- Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UD5H
- CPU Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k
- Corsair Vengeance Ram - 8 GB X 4 (32 GB Total and maximum for this motherboard) (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)
- SanDisk Solid State Drive (main boot) - 240 GB

On start up I have the following Debug LED Codes:

Regular Boot

Code 15 - "Pre-memory CPU North-Bridge initialization is started. (Which I assume means the Intel Chip is initiated)"

Error

53 (50-55) - "Memory Initialization errors occurs". (Which I am not sure which memory this refers too)

I have the same code sequence without RAM.

I have the same code sequence with one 8GB RAM of the Vengeance Ram placed in all four slots and tested in turn.

I have the same code sequence with one 4GB RAM of Integral DDR3 Mhz 1333 DIMM Ram in all four slots and tested in turn.

What memory is the BIOS trying to initialize would this be RAM or hard disk drive ?

Aside from return to the supplier and ask for more recent version of the Gigabyte Motherboard as I understand that there is a REV:1.1 available.

The Revision Number of mine is: REV: 1.0 of the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I have also tried Clear CMOS and taken the battery out to also reset the CMOS.

Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank-you,

Graham

Hi

I changed my MB and had the same error.

I reset the RAM firmly, making sure that the side clips fit into the notches on the RAM and this worked.

It feels unnatural as I had to apply more force than I would like to push the RAM in onto the Mobo.

Do a search on You Tube with regard to RAM install and also check out Linus Tech Tips.

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back