Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm currently using a Core2Duo Macbook, mid 2010 model. I use it mostly to do programming and general computer things like web, youtube, music, etc. The only thing I want to do that it can't is some virtual machines. The Core2Duo just doesn't have the muscle for it. I play Diablo 3 on it sometimes, when I can't be bothered to move to my gaming laptop, but the performance is pretty bad as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was looking at replacing it with a hackintosh'd Brix, but going by the buyer's guide they seem to have fallen out of favor? There are many more models than I expected available on Newegg at the moment, ranging in price from $160 to $500 or so.

But they've disappeared from the buyer's guide, and I don't see them talked about much in the buying section anymore. Are there new models that aren't as compatible, or has something else happened to where they're no longer recommended?

Do you have anything you'd recommend in it's place as a cheap, simple hackintosh? Or should I look into building a mATX/mITX build? I'm looking for something physically small.

I was wondering that too... I hope that they are just accidentally leaving it out, because I was thinking about turning a BRIX into a CustoMac Nano sometime in the future. I'm still planning on building a slightly modified version of the CustoMac ATX (non-budget edition) though, so my plans aren't completly crushed yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back