Graphics
NVDIA GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having some weird issues with my machine.

Gigabyte P55A-UD4P

I have installed a new HD and was going to start the process of installing Yos. From the beginning i was able to boot and install Yos with out issues. Once I installed multi beast it would no longer boot and crash during the boot loader. Bad kext? It happens so I wanted to start trouble shooting the issue. however when i reset from a crash i just get a black screen. Will not post and never gives a signal to the monitor. Has anyone seen such a thing. If i unplug zap the CMOS doesn't boot. Walk away for 10 mins come back it will boot into Yos in safe mode, even reinstalled Yos. I am using the machine right now using my Mavs SSD. It seems when ever i run into an issue using the boot loader and need to reset or power down the system, it stops coming up to the bios screen. On Mavs I have rebooted that a few times and its fine no black screen. Is there something the boot loader is doing or the reset switch? It seems like the boot loader may cause this for some reason... the latest message on the boot loader was [PCI Configuration...

Really stumped and have a new SSD on order for Yos, in the meantime i was hoping to get my installation of Yos figured out until the new SSD is here and I have a Sat to do all this. Now I am thinking I should have just ordered a new MB Proc and Mem. :banghead:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

I have got this all sorted. It appears that the AppleRTCPatchFor CMOS in multibeast fixed that issue.
Also AppleACPI was needed for the Yos install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back