Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

My bad, I was responding to this.
@craighazan

I've been using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS starting with my initial build, which CaseySJ used in the golden build.

My GB5 CPU and Metal GPU scores with iMacPro1,1 are similar to those in your iMac19,1 post. When I change the SMBIOS to iMac19,1 the Metal GPU score drops by about 15K. I guess there are other variables involved.

When the next Ventura public beta gets released I will see if I continue to get the "Failed to prepare the software update..." alert with my current iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. If I do, I'll try the iMac19,1 to see if it installs normally.

Thanks

@craighazan

I've been using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS starting with my initial build, which CaseySJ used in the golden build.

My GB5 CPU and Metal GPU scores with iMacPro1,1 are similar to those in your iMac19,1 post. When I change the SMBIOS to iMac19,1 the Metal GPU score drops by about 15K. I guess there are other variables involved.

When the next Ventura public beta gets released I will see if I continue to get the "Failed to prepare the software update..." alert with my current iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. If I do, I'll try the iMac19,1 to see if it installs normally.

Thanks
The “Failed to prepare…” problem might go away if we set csr-active-config to 67000000. We can always set this back to its usual value after the upgrade is done.

Hi,

For point 2 it will affect Windows if you load from Opencore. If you load Windows directly from BIOS, then there will be no effect.

For point 5, it would be a good idea to try to restore F13, as I told you I had the same issue in the past when I first setup the system, and then it was resolved after the BIOS update. I just don't remember when exactly it happened.
Also check my second post in this forum in response to NCMacGuy, where a describe the issues I had with BIOS, and how I resolved them, ie flash with the QFLASH-Plus (QFP) button on your motherboard instead from within the bios.

An additional note I am on F15d with no issues and I have also tested F14. I do not recommend to proceed to one of those versions yet, or at least until you resolve the current issue.

br.
Hi there! just want you to know that restoring f13 BIOS worked and now I see again Intel WiFi and both GPU working ;)
I don't want to test if this will fix also the BCM Ffenvi card because I already test it on Windows and the drivers are really really bad. A lot of spike lag in game. So I prefer to continue with the Intel without the AirDrop feature on hackintosh xD in the end open Intel kext works perfectly.

Hi there! just want you to know that restoring f13 BIOS worked and now I see again Intel WiFi and both GPU working
I don't want to test if this will fix also the BCM Ffenvi card because I already test it on Windows and the drivers are really really bad. A lot of spike lag in game. So I prefer to continue with the Intel without the AirDrop feature on hackintosh xD in the end open Intel kext works perfectly.
Ok, no. Sorry for double post. But, unfortunately, while I was using my PC as usual I lost my connection. After a normal reboot, I lost the WiFi device again (instead Bluetooth continues always to work). I re tried q flash f13 BIOS from button and nothing changes... Any idea? Of course if I remove second GPU wifi appear again and work normally.

I think I will try to change this motherboard and buy a x570. @CaseySJ can you suggest me something? I was wondering for a x570 asrock creator. I need something with a good thundrbolt built-in controller.

Ok, no. Sorry for double post. But, unfortunately, while I was using my PC as usual I lost my connection. After a normal reboot, I lost the WiFi device again (instead Bluetooth continues always to work). I re tried q flash f13 BIOS from button and nothing changes... Any idea? Of course if I remove second GPU wifi appear again and work normally.

I think I will try to change this motherboard and buy a x570. @CaseySJ can you suggest me something? I was wondering for a x570 asrock creator. I need something with a good thundrbolt built-in controller.
The ASRock X570 Creator must be avoided. Thunderbolt does not work and its BIOS is terrible. For best Thunderbolt experience, I would recommend an Intel-based motherboard with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge. The Gigabyte Z690 Aero G is a very good choice.

Hi, I m sorry it didn't work... One last thing!!! Are you using the built-in Antennas? if yes check if you are shorting them in some way, ie pressing them under a component... The easiest way is to remove them from the WiFi card and check the WiFi status.

Is this your card? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0861T79QY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Also if you want try my SSDT for USB or copy the layout. This is only the part for the PTXH controller where the BT is connected. The reason I mentioning is just to eliminate any freakish issue between USB and the PCIe functionality of the BCM94360NG card.

Question when you went refreshed the bios, did you first go to F10 and then back to F13 or you just re-flashed F13?

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.aml
    450 bytes · Views: 22
Last edited:
The “Failed to prepare…” problem might go away if we set csr-active-config to 67000000. We can always set this back to its usual value after the upgrade is done.

@CaseySJ

I set csr-active-config to 67000000 as you suggested, and tried to install the latest public beta Ventura RC via Software Update. It also failed at roughly the 15 minute mark with the same error dialog. I also tried a value of EF0F0000 which failed.

I then changed the SMBIOS to iMac19,1 as suggested by an earlier poster. It resulted in the same failure.

I decided to try your posted EFI for OpenCore 0.8.3 for this B550 Vision D. I made the several required mods with SecureBootModel initially set to Disabled. The Ventura RC beta update would not display in Software update. After rebooting and changing SecureBootModel to Enabled, the update was displayed, and it ran successfully to completion.

When I get a chance I'll compare the two EFIs to see what the differences are that prevented the "delta" updates, while full updates ran successfully. My EFI uses OC 0.8.4, but this install error has occurred using several OC versions.

The ASRock X570 Creator must be avoided. Thunderbolt does not work and its BIOS is terrible. For best Thunderbolt experience, I would recommend an Intel-based motherboard with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge. The Gigabyte Z690 Aero G is a very good choice.
so if I want to stay on ryzentosh do you suggest to stay on this b550 model?

Hi, I m sorry it didn't work... One last thing!!! Are you using the built-in Antennas? if yes check if you are shorting them in some way, ie pressing them under a component... The easiest way is to remove them from the WiFi card and check the WiFi status.

Is this your card? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0861T79QY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Also if you want try my SSDT for USB or copy the layout. This is only the part for the PTXH controller where the BT is connected. The reason I mentioning is just to eliminate any freakish issue between USB and the PCIe functionality of the BCM94360NG card.

Question when you went refreshed the bios, did you first go to F10 and then back to F13 or you just re-flashed F13?
just reflash the f13. It's better try first f10 and f13?
btw it's not a usb problem. I will check this advice for the antenna and I will try. Right now I'm waiting for the new cpu, 5800X3D so I can't test it. Thanks btw.

so if I want to stay on ryzentosh do you suggest to stay on this b550 model?
The Gigabyte X570 Aero G is also a good choice -- with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge. We provide an EFI for that board in this very thread!

Back