Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@CaseySJ Look what arrived today!

But the USB interface is different than what i ordered!
This is alien to me and my spidey senses are tingling...

Its going to be hard for me to follow the step by step instructions on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/post-2161463
Looks like you received the 5V programmer instead of the 3.3V Arcelli (or its cousins). There is a separate guide for these 5V programmers:

View attachment 495274View attachment 495276View attachment 495277

EDIT! Took the plunge and winged it and it seems to work?!

Flashing it seems to work... but its not showing up in BIOS and my Apollo Twin is NOT showing up :(
More testings.....
Good job! Please follow the guide below to replace the Thunderbolt SSDT:

Can a mod please move this to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...re-custom-ssdt-discussion.293279/post-2083279

I think its more relevant there. Thanks!
Request denied! :) This post is relevant here.

Still no go... attached are the 2 files.
It is showing in System Properties and Ioreg, but the Apollo just wont connect to it :(

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 09.19.24.png

1605211757087.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 09.22.51.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 11.23.33.png

I Used the NorthAmericanTransAM ROM:)

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 32
  • SSDT-TB3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Are you using the on-board Titan Ridge or an add-in-card such as GC-Titan Ridge? If flashing the on-board controller we need to flash the modified NVM 33 from Designare as stated in Post 1: Tech Talk.

Sorry i wasnt clear earlier and excuse me for the confusion

This is GC-Alpine Ridge AIC Ver. 1
Im testing with this first before i flash the B550 mobo... and until there are patches/updates for the audio issue to work with Zen3

:(

Still no go... attached are the 2 files.
It is showing in System Properties and Ioreg, but the Apollo just wont connect to it :(
Not sure if it is the issue here, but when I flashed my Z390 build I needed to do a hardware reset to my Apollo before it was recognized...

Not sure if it is the issue here, but when I flashed my Z390 build I needed to do a hardware reset to my Apollo before it was recognized...
Yes did that.. removed the Apollo Twin from the power for 30 mins even...
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.44.02.png

Its too bad that this is still an issue. Performance wise its astounding... here playing the Billie Eilish Logic Pro demo.. CPU usage is super low....

Even tried the VDDG and VDDP fix that people on the Internet are suggesting... didnt help.
Swapped RAMs to 3000mhz and it didnt make a difference... audio crackling.

Last edited:
Still killing it with Geekbench 5 though... :) At least something positive!
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.48.11.png

This is NOT overclocked. Just using the AMD Precision Boost Overdrive.

Indeed it is... the entry Mac Mini MI is quite enticing and priced OK...for music production... it has the minimum 2 TB3 ports for my needs :)

Indeed it is... the entry Mac Mini MI is quite enticing and priced OK...for music production... it has the minimum 2 TB3 ports for my needs :)
Are you getting the new Mac Mini?

Back