Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

ok yes i disabled audio , I can enable it for you if you wish and stick some headphones in

any news on why the tb is non working /working?

ok yes i disabled audio , I can enable it for you if you wish and stick some headphones in
Yes, please check if it works.

any news on why the tb is non working /working?
Some suggestions:
  • Try connecting and powering up the RME audio interface before booting macOS. Does it connect?
  • Try hot-plugging the RME. Does it connect?
  • Boot into Windows, check if RME works. If it does, then warm boot into macOS. Does it connect?

EVERYTHING WORKING :D

Front audio and backend audio working with built in audio

Both ethernet ports good to go

its .70 open core

for tb
ill try and and turn on the rme before mac os is turned on

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.48.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.48.55 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
EVERYTHING WORKING :D

Front audio and backend audio working with built in audio

Both ethernet ports good to go

its .70 open core

for tb
ill try and and turn on the rme before mac os is turned on
Glad to hear it! Thanks for testing; I'll add this configuration to HackinDROM App soon.

Cool. I haven't got TB up again. I’m shot for now. I’ll play with it tomorrow. Did we change anything with the EFI with TB?

Two more things:

Can I make the screen resolution bigger to see all my boot drives in OpenCore once the initial screen pops up? (How do I do that?)

I think by enabling the audio in my motherboard and by booting into Windows via OpenCore I trigger windows activation. It seems to want to harness the hell out of me now. It was activated before.

I think by enabling the audio in my motherboard and by booting into Windows via OpenCore I trigger windows activation. It seems to want to harness the hell out of me now. It was activated before.
@mrfatcatt

I have always been confused by Windows copy protection. But I believe booting Windows via OpenCore provides Windows some system specs that will be different from the ones if you boot Windows directly from your Windows drive bypassing OC. That triggers activation.

On startup hold down F12 key, or whatever key your board requires, to show the BIOS drive picker. Then select the Windows drive and boot from there. You may or may not have to mess with re-activating Windows. It's worth a try.

Gigabyte AMD Ryzen Hackintoshiers: Gigabyte has just unleashed new x570s motherboards with passive chipset cooling: https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1920

They seem to have rebranded their Vision Series to 'Aero': https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570S-AERO-G-rev-10#kf
1623959959605.png

It appears to take design cues from the B550 Vision D, except for the bluish color over the chipset heatsink. I don't believe the board has onboard thunderbolt, but it does appear to have thunderbolt header for an add in card.

Last edited:
Gigabyte AMD Ryzen Hackintoshiers: Gigabyte has just unleashed new x570s motherboards with passive chipset cooling: https://www.gigabyte.com/Press/News/1920

They seem to have rebranded their Vision Series to 'Aero': https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570S-AERO-G-rev-10#kf

It appears to take design cues from the B550 Vision D, except for the bluish color over the chipset heatsink. I don't believe the board has onboard thunderbolt, but it does appear to have thunderbolt header for an add in card.
The X570s chipset (s for 'silent'?) is long overdue! Wish they release an Aero-D or something similar with on-board Thunderbolt...

@xtreem.p Hi, My boost suddenly stopped working. The CPU stays at 3.8GHz and in Windows too. I use latest AMD Power gadget and shows stock frequency.

All OC tweaker was set to auto, and, when I make CPU 3.9GHz, it shows up, but no turbo boost. Have you heard of this AMD bug?

Im using AUTO settings ... all working fine.
I see you are using MSI board, i have no knowledge of how that board works.

This below is my Gigabyte B550 Vision D. Boost works fine.
And below that my Asrock X570 PG ITX/TB3

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 21.28.35.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 00.54.20.png

Last edited:
Back