Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I hope in a week or so ill be getting my shipment of tools to flash the TB3 romchip on this B550. All that worked with F10 is not working at all with F11c. Any of you who has custom flashed TB3 ROM running the new F11c got into issues?

You see the title of this thread??

Soon the title will change! :)

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 9 5900X + AMD RX 6800 XT​

Big Sur. Big Navi. This is ‘too’ Big.
(Ok, I’m done with bad puns.)

I sold my (mostly unused) ASRock X570 Creator to raise funds.

Fine print: Assumes Big Sur kernel patches are available for Ryzen 3 and Big Sur supports Big Navi.
Wow, I hope to see that. But as you said much will depend on whether (a future version of) Big Sur supports the Big Navi cards.

Tell me, please, gigabyte b550 vision d + Radeon RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 9 5900X, with this hardware can be run ? Got any video instructions? I am from Russia, I am planning to buy the equipment and now I want to choose the right one to run Hackintosh.

gigabyte b550 vision d + Radeon RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 9 5900X, with this hardware can be run ?
How can anyone answer this when no one has this hardware combination to test with ? Your guess is as good as ours.

How can anyone answer this when no one has this hardware combination to test with ? Your guess is as good as ours.
I wrote a comment for the future, I expect that soon someone will make such an assembly and we will have detailed information ))) of course, until someone says...

I hope in a week or so ill be getting my shipment of tools to flash the TB3 romchip on this B550. All that worked with F10 is not working at all with F11c. Any of you who has custom flashed TB3 ROM running the new F11c got into issues?
@xtreem.p

I've flashed the TB3 chip and things seem to run as expected for me with BIOS F10. I tried the dysfunctional F11b and immediately reverted to F10. I don't intend to try F11c as my expectations for it are very low.

Just wondering why would one experiment with F11c if F10 works?

@xtreem.p

I've flashed the TB3 chip and things seem to run as expected for me with BIOS F10. I tried the dysfunctional F11b and immediately reverted to F10. I don't intend to try F11c as my expectations for it are very low.

Just wondering why would one experiment with F11c if F10 works?
I do plan to get either the 5900x or the 5950x and it is stated in the update that it will have Zen3 optimizations. After looking at the AMD launch event, there are some benefits that might be enabled using the latest BIOS. Smart Memory Access being one.

Tell me, please, gigabyte b550 vision d + Radeon RX 6800 XT + Ryzen 9 5900X, with this hardware can be run ? Got any video instructions? I am from Russia, I am planning to buy the equipment and now I want to choose the right one to run Hackintosh.

I wrote a comment for the future, I expect that soon someone will make such an assembly and we will have detailed information ))) of course, until someone says...
Hello @ASTAFF,

At this time we don't know (a) if AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs are compatible, and (b) if AMD RX 6000 GPUs are compatible.

We are hopeful.
  • Ryzen 5000 CPUs may require new kernel patches.
  • RX 6000 GPUs might be natively supported in Big Sur.
  • On November 17 we believe there will be an Apple Event that focuses on the Mac. Hence:
    • Information about Apple Silicon Macs.
    • Release of Big Sur (macOS 11).
    • Possible update of 16" MacBook Pro with Intel CPU and maybe AMD RX 6000 GPU.
  • Makes me wonder why AMD RX 6000 GPUs will be available for purchase the day after, on November 18!
    • Conspiracy theorists want to know!
So if Apple releases a Mac with AMD RX 6000 GPU, then hallelujah!! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 17.05.01.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 17.05.01.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 55
Back