Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hi NCMacGuy,

It is better to remove sleepwatcher from the system preferences exclusion. Instead do one of the following:

1. Find sleepwatcher in finder and the right-click open and then press allow at the warning, or
2. in terminal write: "sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /usr/local/sbin/sleepwatcher"

Then sleepwatcher will be authorized to run. I will edit the original post and the above for future reference...

Regarding the Boot time delay, I have no side effect from sleepwatcher, and you shouldn't also.... Except if it is a one time issue with the security check...

@macleap

I used your above #2 terminal write entry. On a cold boot my boot times are now normal. All seems well.

Thanks again.

sometimes, after a long period of shutdown, when I enter on hackintosh most of the devices doesn't work like wifi, power management, thunderbolt, usb and sometimes it freezes completely. I tried to restart many times with the same result. The only way to make it work again is to start Windows and then reboot to OSX. Really strang
hi @CaseySJ , I was wondering if you have any idea for this "problem". It's normal?

hi @CaseySJ , I was wondering if you have any idea for this "problem". It's normal?

Without more characterization of the problem, it's difficult to diagnose this. For example:
  • Are you running Monterey?
  • Are you using OpenCore 0.7.5?
  • Are you using Intel WiFi/BT or Broadcom BCM94360NG?
  • When you say "long period" of shutdown:
    • How long is "long"?
    • Does "shutdown" mean disconnecting power to the computer (e.g. if computer is connected to power strip or UPS, turning off the power strip or UPS will fully disconnect power)?
  • Do these problems occur if you do not boot Windows, but just boot macOS and also shutdown the computer for the same "long periods" of time?
  • When the problem does occur, does it go away when:
    • You perform a cold start?
    • Clear NVRAM and boot macOS?

Without more characterization of the problem, it's difficult to diagnose this. For example:
  • Are you running Monterey?
  • Are you using OpenCore 0.7.5?
  • Are you using Intel WiFi/BT or Broadcom BCM94360NG?
  • When you say "long period" of shutdown:
    • How long is "long"?
    • Does "shutdown" mean disconnecting power to the computer (e.g. if computer is connected to power strip or UPS, turning off the power strip or UPS will fully disconnect power)?
  • Do these problems occur if you do not boot Windows, but just boot macOS and also shutdown the computer for the same "long periods" of time?
  • When the problem does occur, does it go away when:
    • You perform a cold start?
    • Clear NVRAM and boot macOS?
  1. No, but it happens also with Monterey.
  2. Yes I'm using 0.7.5 but it happens also with older version.
  3. Yes I'm still with Intel Wifi but it's not a problem of wifi, it's a problem of different PCI Devices like also thunderbolt.
  4. For "long period of shutdown" I mean that if I shutdown from OSX (a state of OSX working of course), and, after a night, I start it again in the morning for example I got this problem and the only way to reinitialize it is to boot first from Windows and then shutdown or restart to OSX. So, yes, the problem occur after a cold boot.
  5. Cleaning NVRAM do not fix the problem
P.S. I got also some freeze so I have to force restart it from the power button...

1. No, but it happens also with Monterey.
  2. Yes I'm using 0.7.5 but it happens also with older version.
  3. Yes I'm still with Intel Wifi but it's not a problem of wifi, it's a problem of different PCI Devices like also thunderbolt.
  4. for "long period of shutdown" I mean that if I shutdown from OSX (a state of osx working of course) and after a night I start it again in the morning for example I got this problem and the only way to reinitialize it is to boot first from windows and then shutdown or restart to osx. So yes the problem occur after a cold boot.
  5. cleaning Nvram do not fix the problem
p.s. I got also some freeze so I have to force restart it from the power button...
In cases like this I usually recommend installing macOS from scratch on a spare SATA SSD, even a low cost 128GB model. Then see if the system works properly. That can help us determine whether to suspect something in the original macOS installation.

In cases like this I usually recommend installing macOS from scratch on a spare SATA SSD, even a low cost 128GB model. Then see if the system works properly. That can help us determine whether to suspect something in the original macOS installation.
right now I have osx installed on a NVME 960 EVO 256GB and Windows 11 on a 500GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO. I can try to switch it or I can try on a crucial bx500... But i don't think is an installation problem. Anyway I can try to disconnect all and put just the ssd to test

right now I have osx installed on a NVME 960 EVO 256GB and Windows 11 on a 500GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO. I can try to switch it or I can try on a crucial bx500... But i don't think is an installation problem. Anyway I can try to disconnect all and put just the ssd to test
It’s okay to keep all existing drives connected when installing and testing a fresh copy of macOS on a spare SATA SSD. We just need to boot from the spare SSD.

I have macOS, Windows 10, and Windows 11 on my B550 Vision D. But I use Broadcom BCM94360NG module (for macOS) and a Fenvi FV-AX3000 WiFi 6 PCIe card for Windows. I can switch to any of the three operating systems without any issue. I also shutdown the system every day and sometimes do not use it for a couple of days. But it works perfectly each time it’s started up. Thunderbolt, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, everything always works in both macOS and Windows. Even sleep and wake.

Maybe there’s a hardware problem in some component connected to your system? Testing memory is one thing we can do quite readily.

FYI, Intel 12th Generation Alder Lake CPU successfully booted macOS yesterday morning.

** OpenCore 0.7.5 EFI **
Gigabyte B550 Vision D / Gigabyte X570S Aero G / ASRock X570 Taichi

Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.
Hi Casey,
for me with B550 Vision D BIOS F13 on Big Sur

- OCS warning appear with UIScale 13 index

Update
- Bluetooth seems to works but no IntelWifi => Works now with Big Sur Kext
- Resizable BAR Support not work with -1, maybe with 0 ? => Works with ResizeAppleGpuBars = 0 on Booter and ResizeGpuBars = -1 on UEFI
- Only OCS appear but not very important

Last edited:
Do you have news about SmallTreeIntel82576 on Monterey ?

Back