Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@CaseySJ

I read your guide and followed the instructions. Found the PCI root for the Nvidia GPU in Hackintool (I made sure this was the listing for Display) - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I then opened the config.plist and made a new entry under Device Properties>Add with the following information:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0) - (Dictionary)
- device-id FFFF0000 (Data)
- vendor-id FFFF0000 (Data)
- class-code FFFFFFFF (Data)

Rebooted and sadly it didn't work. Still showed up in System Report.

Then tried the Dortania way:

- name 23646973706C6179 (Data)
- IOName #display (String)

Sadly that didn't work too :(

Am I doing something wrong? I know that some people have mentioned they were unable to disable the GPU through device properties before when I tried doing the same when I had a 9900K.

@CaseySJ

I read your guide and followed the instructions. Found the PCI root for the Nvidia GPU in Hackintool (I made sure this was the listing for Display) - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I then opened the config.plist and made a new entry under Device Properties>Add with the following information:

- device-id FFFF0000 (Data)
- vendor-id FFFF0000 (Data)

Rebooted and sadly it didn't work. Still showed up in System Report.

Then tried the Dortania way:

- name 23646973706C6179 (Data)
- IOName #display (String)

Sadly that didn't work too :(

Am I doing something wrong? I know that some people have mentioned they were unable to disable the GPU through device properties before when I tried doing the same when I had a 9900K.
Alright, let’s try the SSDT approach (after lunch)!

Last edited:
@Vorshim92

You are completely right! PO14 is real. Will put the modified SSDT/Kext in OpenCore 0.7.5 next month with due credit.

Just verified that Sleep/Wake still works for me after adding USB port PO14. In fact, sleep/wake works better on my AMD B550 than it does on my Intel-based Z390 and Z490 systems. Specifically, the system wakes from sleep with just 1 key press, and wakes up very quickly.
Glad to help! Waiting for this 0.7.5, meantime I'm going to use this kext and ssdt that I made.
I already try sleep/wake feature with this implementation but nothing, still the same. Like I already told you I don't give about sleep/wake, it was just for personal pleasure xD We will find a way for sure in the near future. Thanks for the helping by the way.
Meantime I have 2 questions for you:
1) first one it's about a Type C port that I have on my ThermalTake XT 20, is there an internal header for type c on vision D? I can't find it... I see only one header for the USB3 that I'm already using for the 2 front usb3 port.
Type C IO port connects to a USB 3.0 Internal header only, don't know why they put this cable to connect it to the motherboard but I can't see a TypeC Header on Vision D so this is not the problem so I'm wondering: there is a way to connect 2 usb 3.0 cable to the single 3.0 header?

2) secondly, I was trying to change cpuname using your guide but I can't see the result in the "about my Mac" panel.
can you see my screenshot below? I also add the "delete" section on nvram and add RestrictEvents and reset the NVRAM just to try and nothing, still have "3.7 GHz Unknown" on the panel.

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-10-17 alle 21.09.02.png
    Schermata 2021-10-17 alle 21.09.02.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Looks like I created the SSDT a little while back. Please see this post:
It may work with your Gigabyte X570S Aero G because the PCI device path appears to be the same.

Tried that Casey earlier and unfortunately it didn't work. Very strange as to why that's not working now. :(

Tried that Casey earlier and unfortunately it didn't work. Very strange as to why that's not working now. :(
There might be a small difference between the two motherboards. Let's take a look at your DSDT, as follows:
  • Run MaciASL
  • It should open the System DSDT by default
  • Save it in .dsl format
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.45.15 PM.png

Glad to help! Waiting for this 0.7.5, meantime I'm going to use this kext and ssdt that I made.
I already try sleep/wake feature with this implementation but nothing, still the same. Like I already told you I don't give about sleep/wake, it was just for personal pleasure xD We will find a way for sure in the near future. Thanks for the helping by the way.
Meantime I have 2 questions for you:
1) first one it's about a Type C port that I have on my ThermalTake XT 20, is there an internal header for type c on vision D? I can't find it... I see only one header for the USB3 that I'm already using for the 2 front usb3 port.
Type C IO port connects to a USB 3.0 Internal header only, don't know why they put this cable to connect it to the motherboard but I can't see a TypeC Header on Vision D so this is not the problem so I'm wondering: there is a way to connect 2 usb 3.0 cable to the single 3.0 header?
Sadly there is no USB Type C front-panel header on the Vision D. It is present, however, on the Vision D-P and also on the X570S Aero G.

A USB 3.0 header on the motherboard supports two external USB 3 Type A ports. If your case has two blue USB ports, both are connected through a single cable to the single USB 3 header.

2) secondly, I was trying to change cpuname using your guide but I can't see the result in the "about my Mac" panel.
can you see my screenshot below? I also add the "delete" section on nvram and add RestrictEvents and reset the NVRAM just to try and nothing, still have "3.7 GHz Unknown" on the panel.
We also need:
  • Kernel --> RestrictEvents.kext --> enabled
  • Kernel --> ProvideCurrentCpuInfo --> checked on

There might be a small difference between the two motherboards. Let's take a look at your DSDT, as follows:
  • Run MaciASL
  • It should open the System DSDT by default
  • Save it in .dsl format

Here you go Casey.

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl
    278.7 KB · Views: 31
@NCMacGuy @Vorshim92

Attached is my EFI folder for BIOS F13 with serial numbers removed. This folder does not contain two modified files attached to my post directly above (for USB port PO14).

Reminder: Please check Device Properties and delete/modify any entries as needed.

I'm about to test the modified USB port files...

@CaseySJ

I copied your new EFI to my test thumb drive, copied your two revised USB aml and kext files, fixed the device properties to remove the second NVMe I don't have, added my PlatformInfo info. Booted with your new revised EFI.

Unfortunately still no sleep. But it seems to get to the failed sleep and wakes more quickly. Progress???

I still feel like an incorrect port mapping is involved.

I tried to use Hackintool to create a new port map. I have two front panel USB 3 ports -- XHC2 POT3, and XHC2 POT4. (IORegistryExplorer already has them.) I went through the exercise of plugging and unplugging USB2 and USB3 devices into the external ports and came up with this setup:

USB-Final.png

I exported which resulted in three files I would usually use: USBPorts.kext, SSDT-UIAC.aml, and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. But I wasn't sure which files in your EFI I might try replacing.

I also attached a zipped IORegistryExplorer file if it's useful.

I could be headed in the wrong direction, but anything is worth a try at this point. :)

I much appreciate your continued assistance!!!

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    210 bytes · Views: 31
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 32
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Vision D - IORegistryExplorer.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Back