Graphics
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
On my setup I have a Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6850 for my graphics card and I have a dual monitor setup. I have found by searching around some people having issues with a dual monitor setup (Only certain combo of ports work, etc). I currently have both my monitors hooked up to the 2 DVI ports on the card. Does anyone with this card have a working setup with the 2 DVI ports or is there a different combo of ports that work for a working dual monitor setup?

I've just bougth the same card in Amazon and I was researching when I found your post and the one I mention below, I think it responds what you're looking for.
Look at this post:
[SOLVED]Gigabyte 6850 Dual Screens GE=Yes with Duckweed
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24583&start=10

Brenden1096 said:
On my setup I have a Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6850 for my graphics card and I have a dual monitor setup. I have found by searching around some people having issues with a dual monitor setup (Only certain combo of ports work, etc). I currently have both my monitors hooked up to the 2 DVI ports on the card. Does anyone with this card have a working setup with the 2 DVI ports or is there a different combo of ports that work for a working dual monitor setup?

Yes, this card works... BUT... its a bitch.

None of the fixes here worked for me (ducksauce, yogabbaggabba, brillopad, fartknocker, etc...)

The only thing that worked finally with both monitors and didnt make the DVD player crash (and Ableton Live) was the ati6000controller.kext from this guy:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=339229#p339229

Download that, install it to S/L/E with the correct permissions, take the aticonfig crap out of your boot.plist - but keep graphicenabler=yes - read his post.

share your results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back