Contribute
Register

Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5 - USB 3.1 gen 1 not working HIGH SIERRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the only kext you used? Do I need to install the USBInjectAll.kext as well? What about the PIID kexts?

Cheers :)

You can also create a board specific XHC USB kext, which does not require any additional file ore method.. See e.g. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xhc-usb-kext-creation-guideline.242999/ .. You can also try similar approaches published by @RehabMan.

Note that previously you asked me for the SSDT implementation of your onboard USB 3.1 controllers, which are natively implemented by OSX. The onboard XHC USB 3.0 controller, we are now talking about is a totally different story..

Good luck..

Last edited:
You can also create a board specific XHC USB kext, which does not require any additional file ore method.. See e.g. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xhc-usb-kext-creation-guideline.242999/ .. You can also try similar approaches published by @RehabMan.

Note that previously you asked me for the SSDT implementation of your onboard USB 3.1 controllers, which are natively implemented by OSX. The onboard XHC USB 3.0 controller, we are now talking about is a totally different story..

Good luck..

Yes, you are right. USB 2 and USB 3.1 works. My apologies. It's the USB 3.0 devices that aren't working, so I apologise for my misleading thread title.

What do you propose I do in this case? Should I follow your guide above? I have tried the kexts suggested in this thread by others without luck.

Would it still help if I uploaded the DSDT.aml and IOReg files for my mainboard? I have attached them in ZIP format to this post. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 54
Yes, you are right. USB 2 and USB 3.1 works. My apologies. It's the USB 3.0 devices that aren't working, so I apologise for my misleading thread title.

What do you propose I do in this case? Should I follow your guide above? I have tried the kexts suggested in this thread by others without luck.

Would it still help if I uploaded the DSDT.aml and IOReg files for my mainboard? I have attached them in ZIP format to this post. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Nope.. not for XHC USB 3.0 implementation.. Either follow @RehabMan 's or my XHC USB kext creation guide lines..

Good luck, man!

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back