Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, first time post as i am quite new to the hackintosh world. I am currently running a gigabyte g31m-es2l, v2.4. I have been able to get everything up and running on 10.6.6, but i cannot get my video card(gigabyte 8400GS 512mb) to be detected by osx and thus have been unable to alter my display size. eventually i would like to be able to run a dvi and HDMI duel monitor set-up at something better then the 1280x800 its currently set at. Any help would be greatly appreciated, although i should note that i have had very little success with terminal alterations and would prefer a more kext friendly approach.

thanks, matt

So i fixed it, it was a mixture of your post and sheer luck. I altered the pci match to note my device ID in all the NVIDA kexts i could, then i installed an injectior(nvinject from kext.com) and tonymac's NVenabler. Not 100 percent sure what did it, but now i can change my display image sooooo, WAAHOO. Thanks for the help

mjohn7wy said:
So i fixed it, it was a mixture of your post and sheer luck. I altered the pci match to note my device ID in all the NVIDA kexts i could, then i installed an injectior(nvinject from kext.com) and tonymac's NVenabler. Not 100 percent sure what did it, but now i can change my display image sooooo, WAAHOO. Thanks for the help
Interesting. I was able to get the 8400GS working in 64 bit mode, but had errors with the screen saver (see my post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12208). Do you have any problem running all of the screen saver modes?

mjohn7wy said:

I swear to god.
If I had a PayPal, you would be $50 richer.

I've spent about two months trying to get my 8400GS to work--I've took a stab at NVEnabler, EFI Strings, GraphicsEnabler..never did I think once about NVInject.

Sure, QE/CI is not working, but you, have brought me to 1366x768.

:headbang: You are awesome :D

Just wondering, where did you place the NVinject Kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back