3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
hi guys
im using gigabyte z77p-d3 and i cant get the shutdown issue sorted out, when i hit apple>shutdown, my hdd led indicator goes off but the cpu fan, case fan still runs (i think its a sleep issue) anyone has the same board having similar issues?

and when i hit sleep..the computer goes unresponsive.... the screen goes blank and the system wont respond even i hit any buttons...(only can reset or hit d power button)

I POSTED A THREAD ABOUT THIS SAME ISSUE MORE THAN 3X NOW AND STILL NO1 COULD HELP ME.... So guys please give me a hand here, if got it solved i will post another thread how to get this problem sorted out so please help me!

Well, you could do some basic work in the first instance to help encourage response, by:

1. Checking your bios settings to recommended and listing what peripherals you have attached - i.e keyboard mouse wifi Bluetooth etc. is your MB flashed to the latest bios?

2. Indicating what multiBeast settings you applied - if you are not sure which kexts you have installed, go through the Multibeast PDF feature by feature and see whether you have each particular file installed or not.
3. Booting with -v , selecting shutdown from the apple menu, and then looking at the system.log in console app and having a look at what is preventing shutdown. There are some good stickies at the start of the forum regarding Troubleshooting.

Come back with some info and I'm sure people will be happy to help.

thanks for the reply buddy :)

i will go back home and try them a.s.a.p... will get back to u soon after the finding out the outcome

hi i justt checked my hackintosh with the directions u gave...

1. im not sure of which multibeast settings i applied during the istallation, how can i find it? or where do i locate for the pdf file u mentioned

2. i tried booting with verbose mode -v and i got this in the log

IOplatformPluginutll : get CPUIDinfo : this is an unknown CPU model 8x3a
-- power management may not be incomplete or unsupported

what can i do? is this something serious and wil my hackintosh go faulty because of this error? now im worried...

3. the bios version im using now is f6 for my motherboard which is gigabyte z77p-d3. and its nt the latest one... if i flash the latest one, which is f7... does it effect my hackintosh in any ways???

by the way im using intel i.5 3570K 3.4 ghz processor

waiting for your help... thanks alot

Well, you could do some basic work in the first instance to help encourage response, by:

1. Checking your bios settings to recommended and listing what peripherals you have attached - i.e keyboard mouse wifi Bluetooth etc. is your MB flashed to the latest bios?

2. Indicating what multiBeast settings you applied - if you are not sure which kexts you have installed, go through the Multibeast PDF feature by feature and see whether you have each particular file installed or not.
3. Booting with -v , selecting shutdown from the apple menu, and then looking at the system.log in console app and having a look at what is preventing shutdown. There are some good stickies at the start of the forum regarding Troubleshooting.

Come back with some info and I'm sure people will be happy to help.

hi i justt checked my hackintosh with the directions u gave...

You haven't said what Your bios settings are or what peripherals you have attached.
The message you mention below in the log occurs at startup. I asked you to shutdown and have a look in the console log for anything that might be there. If it wasn't clear, I meant at shutdown time..... If you look in the log, this would be the period before boot.

For the Bios settings, which guide did you follow?

1. im not sure of which multibeast settings i applied during the istallation, how can i find it? or where do i locate for the pdf file u mentioned.

Try Google search "Tonymacx86 Multibeast features PDF" or look in the download folder of Multibeast? If you are not sure of what features you used, which guide did you follow. Perhaps you could look there and rerun Multibeast with those settings ( and tell us what they were......)

2. i tried booting with verbose mode -v and i got this in the log

IOplatformPluginutll : get CPUIDinfo : this is an unknown CPU model 8x3a
-- power management may not be incomplete or unsupported

what can i do? is this something serious and wil my hackintosh go faulty because of this error? now im worried...

I don't know. Why worry - have you searched the tonymac site for answers on this? What did they say?

3. the bios version im using now is f6 for my motherboard which is gigabyte z77p-d3. and its nt the latest one... if i flash the latest one, which is f7... does it effect my hackintosh in any ways???

I don't know if it will affect your machine. What are the changes between F6 and F7?
What are others with the same board using? Have they reported success? What did they do? Generally, The manufacturer will release bios updates to fix bugs or add new features, so running the latest MAY fix problems, however, until you actually check what bios settings you are running, what Multibeast features installed, what the log says etc, its all a moot point. Report back and let's see what's what. Here is a checklist.

1. What bios setup guide did you follow?
2. Which specific options in the biosmguide did you enable or disable?
3. What peripherals and add on cards are you using?
4. Which Multibeast guide did you use and what were the settings?
4.1 did they use the same video card as you? If not, what did you install,differently?
5. When you boot with - v, and then shutdown, what is in system.log immediately prior to the new BOOT message?
6. What are the feature additions to the F7 bios?
7. What did your search on the CPUID error message show?
8. Has anyone else reported success with this board?
8.1 What settings or bios did they use?
8.2 What problems have they had?

Looking forward,to seeing your answers.

hi....

yes before i put my hackintosh together, i made a deep resarch about which hardwares to choose and specifically, i went for the link below...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...d3-i5-3570k-8-gb-ram-amd-radeon-6850-a-2.html

but still i had abit of issues with it such as powering off and unable to use usb 3.0...

i think my bios is pretty old, while this guy (on the link above used f7)

this link goes to my motherboard bios features...

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4148#bios

my add on cards will be the gpu which is the sapphire hd 6870.. nothing more thn that...

as for the multibeast settings.. i cant remember which 1s i choose but i settings i had is the most basic ones, since its my 1st build i was unsure of which specific settings 2 choose and went on installing the basic stuffs according to youtube videos....

as for no 5. ill check once i gt back home and let u know as now im at work, sorry...

well... how if i flash f7 bios, and reformat my hackintosh? i think that might solve the issue...

what do u think redshift82r?

Well I think that F7 bios flash would be a good idea as they don't even show F6 as an option anymore!

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/123-how-upgrade-bios-uefi-gigabyte-s-6-series-motherboards.html

I'm not going to read those posts for you. You have to do it and confirm that you have the same settings and then report back, Ok?.

Make sure you answer all the questions in the checklist except the bios version question.

I'll only answer when you've done your homework! I'm guessing its going to take a couple of days.

Have fun!

okay buddy sure thing.... for now im gonna use the link you provided and try flashing to f7... if problem persist i will buzz you back :)

thanks alot for your help man, really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back