EVGA 670 FTW Giggahertz Model x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
I have a XFX 6870 the cnfc model. Whenever I put the computer to sleep and restart it the graphics card is picked up and used but at the slower clock speed for it. I test this with cinebench and where i get 55 fps before sleep after wakeup i get 15. The only fix for this is a restart, and am wondering if it is the kexts. I will also say that I flashed the bios to help with the fan but this didn't help and set it back to original bios. Worked before doing this so figuring it was this that caused the problem. If theres a fix out would be nice to know but if it is because of the bios thats fine and will just wait for 600 Nvidia series to come out so 580 will drop and ill just get one of them or a second one that will not get flashed and used in crossfire for windows.

I have also tried removing and reseating with no fix and tried in windows but can't get windows to sleep or hibernate so can't test it out with that

Looks like i may have fixed it by reinstalling the smc keeping fingers crossed for now

OK so it was working but then it stopped again no clue what changed from when it was to when it stopped. From what I can tell is it starts up under the power management set for the card but after sleeps stays at lowest setting which is 100 mHz core and 150 memory and never goes above. When bios is flashed to have higher min cinebench scores are better but still not full. Also get bsod in windows.

Removed powermanagement kext and the amd/ati6000 kext And used graphics abler no to log on but that's the extent gonna try it again and see if sleep is fixed if so I'll move the kexts from the MacBook pro over if the ones on the back got corrupted

Replaced the kexts with ones from the MacBook and still no fix thinking its def the bios flash or may need new powermanagement settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back