Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700 4.0 ghz
Graphics
GTX 970 4gb SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
S'up, guys.

New build here on El Captain. Followed this website's guide and still having issues with the gfx card

minor details:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU: i7 6700k
Gfx: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 sc editon
osx: el captain 10.11.5

So I tried the fix suggested with downloading nvidia drivers as recommend. Tried using their web drivers, but wouldn't work (would return from boot with OS X drivers clicked)

Tried nvda_drv=1 at the clover config.plist, but monitor would lose it's signal after logo load.
Tried the terminal fix of adding "none" to appropriate sting, but that also had no effect.

So what now? Could it be something simpler than what the guide suggested, like going back to mobo bios or a clover setting?

Also having audio issues, but that's the next on the list.

Uploaded an image of what "about this mac" says

Please help me out, fellas.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 11.44.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 11.44.03 AM.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 99
Thanks, Florian.

Before I saw your post, I clicked on the inject nvidia option at clover and it's at least recognizing the card on the about page.

I'll try your suggestion, thanks again!

It worked!

Thank you so much, Fl0rian.

Edit:

Sort of, it still says Os x default gfx driver, but I'm at least at a insane res(4k monitor and about seems to be using the full 4 gb), so there's progress.

Could you help me out with the link you posted? Sorry for being dumb, but I can't figure out what the OP is telling me to do

one more question, is there a way to save nvda_drv=1 and some other necessary options at the clover config.plist?

Use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist and add nvda_drv=1.

The reason the driver manager still says the default OS X drivers is because Gigabyte 100 series boards don't support native NVRAM so your will need to install EmuVariableUefi64 to emulate NVRAM which will allow the nvda_drv=1 to be saved to your boot-args.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back