Graphics
EVGA 750TI SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys been stalking the forums for 2 months or so and I have finally decided to buy the parts for a hackintosh.

The first question I have is in regards to the Os I have a Macbook A1181 and my Snow leopard install disc, so can I use this install disk to install Snow Leopard on my hackintosh and then update the software to 10.6.6 and get the app store working then download Yosemite to create the installation usb with?

I don't know anybody well enough to trouble them to create a installation usb for me and I know I could probably use other more fiddly routes to get my mac to download it but haven't been able to find a guide I could follow easily enough. Is there an easier way? I want to be able to update the system normally if possible.

Regarding the build I will probably be going with an ATX build using the
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, Core i3-4370, Crucial Ballistix Tactical (8GB) with my Sandisk SSD and current psu.

I have a MSI AMD HD6970 2GB but from searching the forums they don't seem to work very well although the posts were rather dated can I get this card working easily with the above parts and maybe add another in Xfire and gain full benefit in OSX?

Last edited:
The first question I have is in regards to the Os I have a Macbook A1181 and my Snow leopard install disc, so can I use this install disk to install Snow Leopard on my hackintosh and then update the software to 10.6.6 and get the app store working then download Yosemite to create the installation usb with?

Yes if it is a white disc but the grey ones are recovery discs for specific Macs and only work on actual Macs.

Thanks for the reply and yes I do have the white Snow Leopard disk.
So that is one problem less to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back