Gigabyte GA G77 D3H
CPU
Intel i7 2600k
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi Guys

I've looked this up, and tried installing the generic USB3 driver in multibeast but no luck.

Just checking if its possible to get the 3.1 ports working. I just want them working at standard 3.0 or even 2.0 speeds, as my motherboard only has 4 USB ports on the back, and two of them are taken up with the keyboard and mouse, and its a lot tidier having less hubs.

Its an Asus Z170-K

Everything on else on the hackintosh seems to be working!

Hi Guys

I've looked this up, and tried installing the generic USB3 driver in multibeast but no luck.

Just checking if its possible to get the 3.1 ports working. I just want them working at standard 3.0 or even 2.0 speeds, as my motherboard only has 4 USB ports on the back, and two of them are taken up with the keyboard and mouse, and its a lot tidier having less hubs.

Its an Asus Z170-K

Everything on else on the hackintosh seems to be working!

Have you looked at this thread yet?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/customac-desktop-usb-fixes-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-reference.179201/

Yep had a look there and no luck - I've read that 3.1 ports dont work, but cant see why this would be the case, I only want them to work at 2.0 or 3.0 speeds

I couldn't get my USB 3.1 ports working even with all the fixes for USB 3.0. If you need more ports, consider buying a USB 3.0 PCI card to get a couple extra ports. I wound up having to do that, because even some of my built-in USB 3.0 ports will not work.

yeah i think i might just have to do that, ive tried mucking about some more but no luck

I couldn't get my USB 3.1 A port to work...until I flashed the firmware for USB 3.1 within windows.. I have a gigabyte z170n Gaming 5. I was going nuts with this.. cause other users seemed to got them working...

Right now my USB 3.1 Type A and C ports are usable... but Type C only works at USB 2.0 speeds, while Type A works at both USB 3.0/2.0 speeds, depending on the device attached. I don't know if this info can help you, but I thought I should share it.

I was testing my USB 3.1 port on gigabyte z170MX gaming 5 board. In about my mac, I see USB 3.1 port and I connected USB 3.1 device to it and it says (screenshot) it is 10GB/s connection. I also did a speed test on my USB 3.1 drive and the write test went to 870MBps (way over USB 3.0 speed) but it froze before it starts measuring reading speeds. Now for some reason, I can not make the speed test work again.
Is there any new development on USB 3.1 (c) for Hackintosh?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 4.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 4.48.59 PM.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,753
Last edited:
How did you get it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back