Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been following the guide to do a fresh install of El Capitan - and I am able to get to the installer, but then when I open disk utility to format the internal drive, the only drive it can see is the USB stick the installer is on. I'm pretty sure I've got the correct BIOS settings.. Anything else I should try? I'm not sure if I need a config.plist in the clover installer or something? It doesn't seem to say anything about that in the guide, but I keep seeing references to it in the comments, so I'm a bit confused!

thanks!

I've been following the guide to do a fresh install of El Capitan - and I am able to get to the installer, but then when I open disk utility to format the internal drive, the only drive it can see is the USB stick the installer is on. I'm pretty sure I've got the correct BIOS settings.. Anything else I should try? I'm not sure if I need a config.plist in the clover installer or something? It doesn't seem to say anything about that in the guide, but I keep seeing references to it in the comments, so I'm a bit confused!

thanks!

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Your motherboard is not "10.7.5" and which model processor do you have ?

Ensure that your SATA mode is set to AHCI in your BIOS.

It is. Anything else I can try?

Can you 'see' your hard drive in your BIOS settings ?

Check cables and connectors.

Your board has both SATA 6Gb/s connectors and SATA 3Gb/s connectors, connect the drive to a SATA 3Gb/s.

If your drive has not been formatted you'll have to do that. I ran into that issue a week or so ago.

If your drive has not been formatted you'll have to do that. I ran into that issue a week or so ago.

See Post #1 :

when I open disk utility to format the internal drive, the only drive it can see is the USB stick the installer is on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back