GeForce 9400M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I'm very new to this idea but I'm really interested in building a customac. After reading this post I think I'm going to go for the pro system and hopefully install Mountain Lion on it, but after searching for a while I couldnt find any definitive build and installation guide. Does such a thing exist? Like I said I'm new to this, but I have a strong background in computers and I'm confident I could do it, but a guide would be very helpful.

Thanks

Welcome to Tonymac!

First things first, Hackintoshes are very unique, and some aspects could vary.

To be simple, here is the guide --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Now you need to choose compatible parts...the User Builds Section and Golden Builds part is a great reference.
Here is a list of the most compatible, and supported parts. But remember, you are not limited to these! --> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

If you reach a problem, dont worry! As I have learned, everyone here on Tonymac wants to help! :)

Many thanks for your help. I do just have a few quick questions first:

1) Does Mountain Lion support multiple Hard drives? ie. would it be possible to install three 1TB drives?

2) Is there a cap on memory or can I take it up to 32gb?

thanks again

1. Yes... uhh.o_O
2. You can take it up to 32GB, but this is always depend on the motherboard.

You will have to partition the drives first. You cant install with over 1tb of memory

You will have to partition the drives first. You cant install with over 1tb of memory

You mean a boot partition greater then 1Tb, yes? I don't know of any board/cpu that supports 1Tb of RAM (memory)

Ahh yes! I confused the two ;)

Thanks for answering what might have seemed like a stupid question, but the hardware list on the tony mac blog mentioned you couldn't have over 1TB so I was confused. Ive run into another question in my research that I can seem to find the answer to. I'm looking into these two parts:

[h=1]EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB[/h]

[h=1]GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH[/h]The motherboard come with two thunderbolt ports which seems incredibly convenient for displays, but if I connect the displays directly to the board will they still use the graphics card or will they run off the integrated graphics on the board? I apologize in advance for what might be a stupid question, but it's one that I have found a lot of conflicting info about.

Thanks

Thanks for answering what might have seemed like a stupid question, but the hardware list on the tony mac blog mentioned you couldn't have over 1TB so I was confused. Ive run into another question in my research that I can seem to find the answer to. I'm looking into these two parts:

EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

The motherboard come with two thunderbolt ports which seems incredibly convenient for displays, but if I connect the displays directly to the board will they still use the graphics card or will they run off the integrated graphics on the board? I apologize in advance for what might be a stupid question, but it's one that I have found a lot of conflicting info about.

Thanks

If you use the Thunderbolt for your monitor, then it's using the onboard Intel HD4000 graphic card and your GTX680 is unused.

Are integrated graphics on a board like this adequate? it seems like they must be pretty powerful to run three separate displays, but then again maybe not....

Edit:

also the gigabyte site says this:
"Allows users to dynamically switch between built-in graphics and high-end, 3D discrete graphics cards."

does that mean I can in fact plug in to the motherboard and use the graphics card?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back