GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!
I am new and interested in installing OSX yosemite. And before I try and do that, I have a few questions that I'd like to ask.*

My PC configuration is:
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Intel i7 920 OC@4GHz
GeForce GTX460
6GB 1600MHz RAM
2 HDD - 1TB one containing Windows 7 and another 500GB one that is empty and where I plan to install OSX.

So here are the questions:
1. Is my configuration even compatible to install OSX Mavericks?
2. If it is, is it possible to have a dual boot of OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 without having to format the Windows 7 HDD. Again, they will be on separate HDDs but I just want to know if there will be problems with that, particularly with the required bootloaders registering everything correctly.

For now, that would be it.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to your answers!

Regards!

I don't see your motherboard, processor, graphic card on the list for a hackintosh.

To build one you need specific components that Apple recognizes. The list is here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-december-2014.html

When I built my PC, I did it with the hackintosh as an end product, so this was my list. You will have to start from scratch to run Mac software, so the choice is yours - you can either buy a mac or go off this list and build a PC and do the work. It is a lot to ask either way. :cry:

Hello everyone!
I am new and interested in installing OSX yosemite. And before I try and do that, I have a few questions that I'd like to ask.*

My PC configuration is:
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Intel i7 920 OC@4GHz
GeForce GTX460
6GB 1600MHz RAM
2 HDD - 1TB one containing Windows 7 and another 500GB one that is empty and where I plan to install OSX.

So here are the questions:
1. Is my configuration even compatible to install OSX Mavericks?
2. If it is, is it possible to have a dual boot of OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 without having to format the Windows 7 HDD. Again, they will be on separate HDDs but I just want to know if there will be problems with that, particularly with the required bootloaders registering everything correctly.

For now, that would be it.
Thanks in advance and looking forward to your answers!

Regards!

try searching for similar hardware such as motherboard and processor on the forum search

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/114435-success-ga-ex58-ud5-i7-980-a.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ricks-install-ga58-ud5-f12-i7-920-gtx580.html

Thanks for the input.
Can I get further input on the following?

You will have no problem, the bootloader will pick up on your windows disk automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back