Contribute
Register

Getting speedstep with P8P67 pro -2103 bios with 2500K to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using P8P67 Pro + 2600K no DSDT just SSDT.aml from multibeast.

Lets just say it doesnt work, Ive already got a patched BIOS which enables speedstep and this used to work fine in LION.

Here I am using mountain lion and getting less than half the scores in cinebench and geekbench.

Not sure what the problem is??? can someone here with the same or similiar motherboard post there chameleon boot.plist please?

Did you delete NULL?

Im using P8P67 Pro + 2600K no DSDT just SSDT.aml from multibeast.

Lets just say it doesnt work, Ive already got a patched BIOS which enables speedstep and this used to work fine in LION.

Here I am using mountain lion and getting less than half the scores in cinebench and geekbench.

Not sure what the problem is??? can someone here with the same or similiar motherboard post there chameleon boot.plist please?

which bios are you using? a 2xxx or 3xxx? if 2xxx, you need a dsdt with the cpu info from the ssdt added.
im using the board to the left (similar to the op's and yours) with a 2xxx modified bios, and dsdt and ssdt, and speedstep and sleep works fine. i get 9 states in ML.

heres my boot.plist
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

which bios are you using? a 2xxx or 3xxx? if 2xxx, you need a dsdt with the cpu info from the ssdt added.
im using the board to the left (similar to the op's and yours) with a 2xxx modified bios, and dsdt and ssdt, and speedstep and sleep works fine. i get 9 states in ML.

heres my boot.plist
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Hi samisnake,

I am not going to give up man :) using modified bios 2303.

Thanks for the reply... just wondering on a few things...

1) Does the DSDT on our tonymacx86 database already have the cpu info in their for general i5/i7 overclock? if not how do I do this?
2) What happened to your kernal flags? no ncpi=3000 darkwake=0?
3) How come you dont have a generate c & p states=yes in your boot.plist but your still telling ML to generate 9 states? how does that work?
4) I admit I'm not using a DSDT either? I used easy beast with all previously used options... Can you please, pretty please post all the options you picked in multibeast, I want to use the exact settings since our boards are similiar...
5) Also are you using toleda's AppleHDA kext or the legacy enablers in multibeast?

Your help is appreciated.

Justin

kidcastro,

1) no it doesnt. tonymacx86 Forum &bull; View topic - 10.7.4 Sandy Bridge CPU Power Management Fix thats how to do it. if you cant do it, upload *your own working* dsdt here and ill do it for you (make the dsdt yourself. delete the one in the extra folder that you downloaded from the database)
2) they arent needed
3) they arent needed
4) you need to use a dsdt with a 2xxx bios (to add the cpu info). 3xxx bioses dont need a dsdt with cpu info added, but 3xxx bioses can ruin audio on some p67 boards. easybeast includes nullcpu so no sleep/speedstep (as well as a bunch of other unneeded kexts). even if you deleted nullcpu, you still need a dsdt for the reason i mentioned a couple sentences ago. in fact why did you use easybeast at all? that board can run dsdt-less
5) toledas applehda only. no enablers as hdef info added to dsdt

kidcastro,

1) no it doesnt. tonymacx86 Forum &bull; View topic - 10.7.4 Sandy Bridge CPU Power Management Fix thats how to do it. if you cant do it, upload *your own working* dsdt here and ill do it for you (make the dsdt yourself. delete the one in the extra folder that you downloaded from the database)
2) they arent needed
3) they arent needed
4) you need to use a dsdt with a 2xxx bios (to add the cpu info). 3xxx bioses dont need a dsdt with cpu info added, but 3xxx bioses can ruin audio on some p67 boards. easybeast includes nullcpu so no sleep/speedstep (as well as a bunch of other unneeded kexts). even if you deleted nullcpu, you still need a dsdt for the reason i mentioned a couple sentences ago. in fact why did you use easybeast at all? that board can run dsdt-less

Thanks samisnake, I will report back when I finish work and have some time to tinker around with this in 10 hours...

I appreciate your help and really hope I can compile my own dsdt and ssdt with edits for speedstep in both.

The reason I used easybeast is because it installs what I thought were the essential required kexts fakesmc etc... Dont I need some kexts from multibeast? this is what I really want to know?

I'll report back on how things went... but please let me know on question above.

Thanks again.

the only required kext is fakesmc.
no other kext is essential.

using easybeast installs kexts which your system doesnt need.
with only fakesmc (plus the bootloader ofc), your p8p67 pro board will still shutdown, sleep, restart etc.

if you dont want to use a dsdt (or dont have one) and your system can work without all those easybeast kexts (which yours can), the easiest thing is to just select userdsdt.
thatll install fakesmc, chimera, the smbios.plist, boot.plist, etc.

if you wanted, you could select all of those items individually in multibeast anyway. they are all available as individual options

the only required kext is fakesmc.
no other kext is essential.

using easybeast installs kexts which your system doesnt need.
with only fakesmc (plus the bootloader ofc), your p8p67 pro board will still shutdown, sleep, restart etc.

if you dont want to use a dsdt (or dont have one) and your system can work without all those easybeast kexts (which yours can), the easiest thing is to just select userdsdt.
thatll install fakesmc, chimera, the smbios.plist, boot.plist, etc.

if you wanted, you could select all of those items individually in multibeast anyway. they are all available as individual options

Cheers man, your posts make alot of sense to me... not sure why I used easybeast in the past.

When this is over, Im buying you a beer :)

kidcastro,

2) they arent needed
3) they arent needed

Hi samisnake,

Ive tried to get this working for the last 2 hours, no luck with speedstep but your right... my system is up with minimal edits and no dsdt at the moment. Ive come for your help and hoping I can learn from comparing your edited dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml if you can please help me.

Attached are the following files...

1) extracted dsdt.aml using dsdt editor and patched with ALC892 + P8P67 PRO = Compiled and ready to go...
2) using windows 7 and AIDA64 Ive extracted dsdt.aml stock
3) using windows 7 and AIDA64 Ive extracted ssdt.aml stock

Can you please work your magic with these files? I would really appreciate it.

BTW my system is overclocked by individual cores in bios to 4.6Ghz.

Thank You

Justin

Attachments

• 1. compiled with patched p8p67 pro & alc892 dsdt.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 115
  • 2. compiled with aida64win stock dsdt.aml.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 3. compiled with aida64win stock ssdt.aml.zip
    279 bytes · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back